Question

Honor Student
lynnechapman
Message 1 of 10 (7,868 Views)

HP Photosmart Premium 309c "Please wait while Windows configures scan"

Every time I use my HP Photosmart Premium 309c for scanning, I get a pop-up window which says "Please wait while Windows configures scan". It then cycles round trying to install it til it tells me that it can't find the file and needs an external CD.

Can anyone help me to get rid of this please?

Thanks

Lynne

Honor Student
RuiKim
Message 2 of 10 (7,861 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Premium 309c "Please wait while Windows configures scan"

Hi Lynne,

You can try clicking on the browse button when it says "cannot find the file" and look for the file its asking on the Disc that came with your printer. By the way, what file is it looking for?

Honor Student
lynnechapman
Message 3 of 10 (7,852 Views)

Thanks for that, it seems to be looking for C:\DOCUME~1\Lynne\LOCALS~1\Temp\7zS3649\setup\Scan\

Should I just find it and delete it?

Lynne

Honor Student
RuiKim
Message 4 of 10 (7,731 Views)

Sorry for the late response Lynne. I had problems with my internet.

You need to install the msi file which is located on the folder. Please see instructions below on how to install it.

Vista/Windows 7:

1. Start>on the start search bar type %temp% and hit enter

2. On the new window look for a folder that start with 7Z, then inside the folder look for Setup. Inside the setup folder go to Scan folder. On the scan folder you should see an msi file there. Right click on the msi file and select install

Windows XP:

1. Start> Run

2. on the run box type %temp% and hit enter

3. On the new window look for a folder that start with 7Z, then inside the folder look for Setup. Inside the setup folder go to Scan folder. On the scan folder you should see an msi file there. Right click on the msi file and select install

Let me know if you have the same problem.

Honor Student
AndyR2D2
Message 5 of 10 (7,695 Views)

I have also problem with scan. Everything is working OK. The only thing is that after finishing the scan program, files are never saved on computer. Even window with information about saving appears. But no file is saved.

Could you help me? I even reinstalled all software, and still have no results. System:Vista.

Honor Student
RuiKim
Message 6 of 10 (7,672 Views)

Go this link: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-73652-2&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

It's a full software version 13.0 for a different printer but we can still use that on your situation. Download and run the file. When it prompts you to select which components you want to install, just select drivers and imaging device function only, uncheck the rest. When it prompts you again to connect the device, put a check on connect the device later. Try scanning again after the installation.

If it still doesnt work, you may need to uninstall everything, run the downloaded file on the link above, install everything and when it prompts you to connect the device, select connect the device later. After the installation, just connect the usb cable of your printer to the computer. It will prompt you with drivers so you may need to insert the original disc that came with your printer, after the driver installation, it will open up a window saying 96% and that should work after it.

I hope everything above is understandable. If not, please let me know so i can make it simplier. :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
AndyR2D2
Message 7 of 10 (7,592 Views)

Thank you.

Unfortunatelly it still does not work. It must be something with HP Solution Center. After installing HP Photosmart Premium 309c, I also have not receive files from scan taken by my old HP PSC 1410.

Honor Student
AndyR2D2
Message 8 of 10 (7,569 Views)

Sometimes I have message like this "Destination component has stopped working".

Grad Student
tinuwangiro
Message 9 of 10 (7,540 Views)

workaround:

This will help you a bit. You might encounter an error message but this will help you save your scans.

Download "hpqxmlul.dll" from here and copy this to C:\Program Files\HP \Digital Imaging\bin for 32bit OS  or C:\Program Files (x86)\HP \Digital Imaging\bin for 64bit OS

Have a Blessed Christmas!

(i may represent HP but this advice is solely my own)
Student
jahbob
Message 10 of 10 (7,382 Views)

Hi tinuwangiro,

I can't download this file. When I try, there's a message : "530 Login incorrect.".

Is it possible to download it from another server ?

Thanks for help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation