11-26-2009 05:26 AM
Every time I use my HP Photosmart Premium 309c for scanning, I get a pop-up window which says "Please wait while Windows configures scan". It then cycles round trying to install it til it tells me that it can't find the file and needs an external CD.
Can anyone help me to get rid of this please?
11-26-2009 08:45 AM
You can try clicking on the browse button when it says "cannot find the file" and look for the file its asking on the Disc that came with your printer. By the way, what file is it looking for?
11-26-2009 11:20 AM
Thanks for that, it seems to be looking for C:\DOCUME~1\Lynne\LOCALS~1\Temp\7zS3649\setup\Scan
Should I just find it and delete it?
12-09-2009 12:47 AM
Sorry for the late response Lynne. I had problems with my internet.
You need to install the msi file which is located on the folder. Please see instructions below on how to install it.
1. Start>on the start search bar type %temp% and hit enter
2. On the new window look for a folder that start with 7Z, then inside the folder look for Setup. Inside the setup folder go to Scan folder. On the scan folder you should see an msi file there. Right click on the msi file and select install
1. Start> Run
2. on the run box type %temp% and hit enter
3. On the new window look for a folder that start with 7Z, then inside the folder look for Setup. Inside the setup folder go to Scan folder. On the scan folder you should see an msi file there. Right click on the msi file and select install
Let me know if you have the same problem.
12-09-2009 12:01 PM
I have also problem with scan. Everything is working OK. The only thing is that after finishing the scan program, files are never saved on computer. Even window with information about saving appears. But no file is saved.
Could you help me? I even reinstalled all software, and still have no results. System:Vista.
12-10-2009 01:23 AM
It's a full software version 13.0 for a different printer but we can still use that on your situation. Download and run the file. When it prompts you to select which components you want to install, just select drivers and imaging device function only, uncheck the rest. When it prompts you again to connect the device, put a check on connect the device later. Try scanning again after the installation.
If it still doesnt work, you may need to uninstall everything, run the downloaded file on the link above, install everything and when it prompts you to connect the device, select connect the device later. After the installation, just connect the usb cable of your printer to the computer. It will prompt you with drivers so you may need to insert the original disc that came with your printer, after the driver installation, it will open up a window saying 96% and that should work after it.
I hope everything above is understandable. If not, please let me know so i can make it simplier.
12-14-2009 02:25 AM
Unfortunatelly it still does not work. It must be something with HP Solution Center. After installing HP Photosmart Premium 309c, I also have not receive files from scan taken by my old HP PSC 1410.
12-15-2009 06:27 PM
This will help you a bit. You might encounter an error message but this will help you save your scans.
Download "hpqxmlul.dll" from here and copy this to C:\Program Files\HP \Digital Imaging\bin for 32bit OS or C:\Program Files (x86)\HP \Digital Imaging\bin for 64bit OS
Have a Blessed Christmas!
12-23-2009 12:46 PM
I can't download this file. When I try, there's a message : "530 Login incorrect.".
Is it possible to download it from another server ?
Thanks for help
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax