Question

Honor Student
tjminter81
Message 1 of 12 (1,058 Views)

HP Photosmart Premium c310 Series Printer Won't Scan

As the title says, I'm having difficulty trying to get my c310 printer to scan. When I try to open HP solutions, it tells me it can't run because my installation isn't complete. I've redownloaded the drivers and software multiple times. I've installed the printer through the windows control panel and it prints fine. When I try scanning anything using the touch screen on the printer, it says, "Scan problem: Try starting scan from computer. Refer to documentation for details." I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit on an HP Pavilion g7-1330dx Notebook PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PhD Student
Super_Dave
Message 2 of 12 (1,054 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Premium c310 Series Printer Won't Scan

Hi tjminter81,

I'm not sure what you mean by installing 'through the windows control panel'.  is that installed by the Add Printer Wizard?

When you run the HP install software, does the install complete or do you get an error message?

I was an HP employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
tjminter81
Message 3 of 12 (1,052 Views)

Yeah, through the add printer wizard. When I run the HP installation software, it comes up with an error and says it didn't complete. But it never specifies the error. Like I said, prints fine, but I can't access the scanner or open HP solutions.
PhD Student
Super_Dave
Message 4 of 12 (1,051 Views)

The only way of getting the scanning and Solution Center working is to get the failed install removed and then the HP driver installed.

First, please try the HP Print and Scan Doctor.  Here is the link.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-109037-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

On the install CD there is a utility to remove failed installs.  Open the install CD and then the util folder.  Open the ccc folder.  Run uninstall_L4, it will remove a lot of what is not working.

Restart the computer and then try installing again.

I was an HP employee.

Honor Student
tjminter81
Message 5 of 12 (1,049 Views)

I've misplaced the installation CD. How could I remove the failed installations without it?
PhD Student
Super_Dave
Message 6 of 12 (1,045 Views)

That does make it tougher.

When the download driver is expanded, it makes the same image as the CD in the temp folder.

run %temp%

This will get you to the temp folder

Look for a folder that is name something like "7zS61AC".  The key is the first two characters are 7z.

Again look for util folder and then ccc and then run "Uninstall_L4".

The whole path will look something like this:

"C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS61AC\util\ccc"

I was an HP employee.

Honor Student
pjbarden
Message 7 of 12 (642 Views)

I am having similar problems.  I needed to reinstall my HP C310a.  After uninstalling all the software, I reinstalled from the downloaded file.  When it got near the end (toolbar installation), it hung up.  I uninstalled everything and tried to reinstall from the original disk.  Same problem.  Now I can only print if connected with a USB cable, and when I go to "Solution Center," it won't run because the "installation is not complete."

I have done everything suggested in this forum - some of them twice!  Still no luck.  I have literally wasted hours uninstalling, rebooting, searching for help, installing . . . you get the picture!

Windows 7, 64 bit

Any suggestions? 

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 8 of 12 (621 Views)

Hi pjbarden,

i understand you are unable to complete the Printer installation. I suggest using the following document to resolve MSI (Microsoft Installer) errors. Some errors include a four-digit code but some do not. Use this document to direct you to the best troubleshooting steps specific to the issue you are experiencing.

Click here > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c02266980

Keep me posted with how this works out, and provide any details you can to help me assist you more efficiently.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, to say thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
pjbarden
Message 9 of 12 (612 Views)

Hi, Sunshyn2005.  Thanks for your reply.  I followed the link you provided, and evertually ened up reinstalling everything - and had the same "fatal error."  Here's the sequence:

(Installation) - configuring product

Fatal Error duing installation (message on screen)

clicked OK (only choice!)

Removing HP software (messgae on screen)

Analyzing error installation log (message on screen)

A huge error listing came up; I tried to paste it in here but I exceeded th size limit.

So right now, I can print BUT Solution Center won't work - when I try to open it, I get this message: HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete.

This is what has been happening when I do the install - probably 10 times by now!

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Honor Student
pjbarden
Message 10 of 12 (609 Views)

BTW, I can now print wirelessly, thanks to a fix HP sent me.  So there is progress being made.  The problem now is that the Solution Center will not install.  Wanted to be sure this was clear. I am also inserting the error log (mentioned previously) as a picture.   Thank you.HP Error.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation