08-23-2012 01:37 PM
HP Photosmart C4280 All-in-one stopped scanning, claiming some other application was using the scanner. Found the HPPS Dr. and ran it. Made it to the HP Twain step, where it has been flashing forever, obviously hung up. Working in Windows 7 on an old Dell desktop.
08-24-2012 02:05 PM
The HPPS Dr. is a good place to start. That's where this document start actually. Skip that step in the document since you already tried that and move to the other steps below that. Let me know what happens.
01-19-2013 12:13 PM
The same thing happens with Windows XP and once it hangs at the twain step, I can't skip to the next step or close the program without shutting off the computer.
01-22-2013 12:06 PM
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax