HP Print and Scan Dr. freezes at HP Twain diagnostic step (684 Views)
Student
rbierreg
Message 1 of 4 (684 Views)

HP Print and Scan Dr. freezes at HP Twain diagnostic step

HP Photosmart C4280 All-in-one stopped scanning, claiming some other application was using the scanner. Found the HPPS Dr. and ran it. Made it to the HP Twain step, where it has been flashing forever, obviously hung up. Working in Windows 7 on an old Dell desktop.

Thanks

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 4 (672 Views)

Re: HP Print and Scan Dr. freezes at HP Twain diagnostic step

The HPPS Dr. is a good place to start.  That's where this document start actually.  Skip that step in the document since you already tried that and move to the other steps below that.  Let me know what happens.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
Ronconfused
Message 3 of 4 (528 Views)

The same thing happens with Windows XP and once it hangs at the twain step, I can't skip to the next step or close the program without shutting off the computer.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 4 (508 Views)

Did you try the steps in the document that I recommended?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation