Question

Top Student
wmblaney
Message 1 of 2 (975 Views)

HP Scan Diagnostic Utility Failed Windows WIA Scan & HP Twain Scan

Hello, I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus N911g installed as a network printer on my Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium.  I ran the HP Scan Diagnostic, and at first it failed the WIA Scan test, but the printer was at idle.  So I selected Scan in the touch panel to sort of wake it up.  Then it passed WIA Scan, but went on to fail the HP Twain Scan.  I checked my software and drivers and they are current.  As a side note, when I click Start > Devices and Printers, it takes two minutes to open the window, so some of this could be timeout issues.  All suggestions gratefully received! 

Grad Student
fish4life
Message 2 of 2 (914 Views)

Re: HP Scan Diagnostic Utility Failed Windows WIA Scan & HP Twain Scan

Hi-

It does sound like you are having network connectivity / delay issues.   Have you ran the HP network diagnostic utility to see if it gives any help?

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-a-e021-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&j...

Jeremy

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation