04-05-2012 06:25 PM
Hello, I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus N911g installed as a network printer on my Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium. I ran the HP Scan Diagnostic, and at first it failed the WIA Scan test, but the printer was at idle. So I selected Scan in the touch panel to sort of wake it up. Then it passed WIA Scan, but went on to fail the HP Twain Scan. I checked my software and drivers and they are current. As a side note, when I click Start > Devices and Printers, it takes two minutes to open the window, so some of this could be timeout issues. All suggestions gratefully received!
04-18-2012 11:44 AM
It does sound like you are having network connectivity / delay issues. Have you ran the HP network diagnostic utility to see if it gives any help?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers