04-05-2012 06:25 PM
Hello, I have a HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus N911g installed as a network printer on my Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium. I ran the HP Scan Diagnostic, and at first it failed the WIA Scan test, but the printer was at idle. So I selected Scan in the touch panel to sort of wake it up. Then it passed WIA Scan, but went on to fail the HP Twain Scan. I checked my software and drivers and they are current. As a side note, when I click Start > Devices and Printers, it takes two minutes to open the window, so some of this could be timeout issues. All suggestions gratefully received!
04-18-2012 11:44 AM
It does sound like you are having network connectivity / delay issues. Have you ran the HP network diagnostic utility to see if it gives any help?
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax