Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Hello Mapledane. I understand you witnessing issues installing your printer, and then trying to scan documents as well. I believe addressing the installation issue first could contribute to the success of this project overall. If I understand you correctly, do you receive an error before the installation occurs? Could you screenshot the error so I know what exactly needs to be worked on?

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

RET66. I understand what you are inquiring, related to scan format size. I just performed a scan on an 8600 in my possession. It was a full-page of text and the end result was a 336 KB scan. I tried it on a different 8600 and the number was similar. I'm inclined to believe that this is the standard. Perhaps completing all of the printer's updates will change this, though I personally doubt it.

Mario

HP Recommended

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your response. I actually managed to install the complete software and drivers package by deactivating all startup processes apart from the systemsrelated ones. This means that I can now use the HP scan interface which so far has worked problem free.

However, I just tried scanning an A4 page using the Scan & Capture app - when I scan from the ADF it comes out with an 862 kb PDF file, but when I scan the same A4 page with the same settings but from the glass plate the output is a 98 kb PDF file.

As I now have the HP scan interface this is not a problem for me, so just consider it an issue for future development. ;o)

All the best.

Thomas

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response MapleDane. The App will likely produce a larger file, because of the coding implemented when the program was built. In the future, if you want to fiddle with the Scan and Capture App, you can try uninstalling the app and then installing it again. Also ensure that all the settings regarding resolution and similar are correct.

I am happy you are able to use the installed driver software to scan. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mario

HP Recommended

I have done exactly that and my files are still huge. I have to email many of these files and now I just go to another office and use a Rico scanner so I can get a file that would be 4 to 6 MB on my scanner down to about 500 to 700 KB.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.