02-16-2013 08:27 PM
This is problem that I've been dealing with months, yet back then, I would just plug and unplug the scanner once to several times and it would work. But now it just doesn't scan or preview and I get this message, even plug and unplugging doesn't work this time.
My PC is a Compaq - Presario CQ62 with Windows 7.
05-08-2013 08:38 AM
1. Do you have any other multiple USB devices connected to the PC such as printer, external hard disk etc. If yes, what are they?
2. Is the USB cable connected directly to PC USB port or via any USB hubs?
3. Have you tried connecting to different USB ports at the PC and checked if it works?
4. Have you tried changing the USB cable?
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax