Question

Student
TerryWeymouth
Message 1 of 4 (7,685 Views)

HP Scanjet 4070 Photosmart Scanner and Windows 7

I just converted from Windows XP to Window 7 and the driver the Windows 7 seems to be very minimal. For example, I can not make a simple scan to  JPeg (the only output type appears to be TIFF). Where is there a better driver or more complete support for the driver that is on the download site? Terry.

Intern
MrDesk
Message 2 of 4 (7,144 Views)

Re: HP Scanjet 4070 Photosmart Scanner and Windows 7

Hi Terry,

Unfortunately there are no newer drivers for your scanner. In this case one must convert to files to another format manually.

Scanjet products supported in Win 7

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Student
djs51
Message 3 of 4 (3,597 Views)

i have a new windows 7. please tell me how to get my hp scanjet 4070 image zone software to install.

PhD Student
FixPrint
Message 4 of 4 (3,590 Views)

Hi djs51,

I hate to hear you are having issues.  Since this scanner was designed for older operating systems, a designed driver for Windows 7 is not available.  There are a few options you can try to enable some scan functionality, please see below.

HP Scanjets - Install the Vista scan software on a Windows 7 computer using the Program Compatibility feature in Windows Click Here  The Vista drivers can be found Here.

or

HP Scanjets - Third-party scan software solutions Click Here

Hope this helps!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation