Question
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (2,677 Views)

HP Scanjet 5590 Only scans in legal size

HP Scanjet 5590 on Windows XP system

When I scan a standard letter size piece of paper, it scans it as a legal size document. If I try to scan on the flatbed part, it scans and makes the image the whole size of the glass platform. Is there a setting that allows you to choose the size in the scanner? It used to scan and automatically adjust for the size of the paper.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Tutor
Message 2 of 3 (2,663 Views)

Re: HP Scanjet 5590 Only scans in legal size

I have a customer with 5590 page size issues too.  Updating the software and drivers were suggested to me:  http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=377691&p...

we have not applied any of these yet but they are definitely newer than what they have so check your versions.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (2,656 Views)

Re: HP Scanjet 5590 Only scans in legal size

I uninstalled the scanner and downloaded the drivers from HP. I tried to install the patch that it specifically lists that addresses this issue but it showed that it wasn't needed when I tried to install it.

After installing some new scan software today I tested it and it allows for size choice. I also checked Adobe Pro and it allowed me to choose the scan size in it where the previous user could not choose.

I think this is a user profile issue. Logging in as a different user, I am able to choose the image scan size where I wasn't before. I am going to try it with the user that is having issues after creating a new profile (pulling profile from Active Directory) to see if that allows them to choose the scan sizes again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation