10-28-2011 11:32 AM
HP Scanjet 5590 on Windows XP system
When I scan a standard letter size piece of paper, it scans it as a legal size document. If I try to scan on the flatbed part, it scans and makes the image the whole size of the glass platform. Is there a setting that allows you to choose the size in the scanner? It used to scan and automatically adjust for the size of the paper.
Any help is appreciated, thanks!
11-07-2011 01:29 PM
I have a customer with 5590 page size issues too. Updating the software and drivers were suggested to me: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/S
we have not applied any of these yet but they are definitely newer than what they have so check your versions.
11-08-2011 07:32 AM
I uninstalled the scanner and downloaded the drivers from HP. I tried to install the patch that it specifically lists that addresses this issue but it showed that it wasn't needed when I tried to install it.
After installing some new scan software today I tested it and it allows for size choice. I also checked Adobe Pro and it allowed me to choose the scan size in it where the previous user could not choose.
I think this is a user profile issue. Logging in as a different user, I am able to choose the image scan size where I wasn't before. I am going to try it with the user that is having issues after creating a new profile (pulling profile from Active Directory) to see if that allows them to choose the scan sizes again.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers