09-14-2010 10:17 PM
I just hooked up the new scanner and tried scanning several negatives using the various holders supplied with the unit. Even tried putting one negative flat on glass and attempted to scan it using the scan negative setting. Each time I get error messages saying: Unhook and remove the backing from inside the scanner lid to expose the canner bulb. Remove an objects from the scanner glass. Load your slides and negatives. Try scanning again." The error code at the bottom reads:
"4,[(0.320.800004005), (2.40.8004001a),(3,40.0)] I have removed the white inside lid cover and tried a dozen different times and get the same error code? I can scan a regular photograph with no problem. Any suggestions? Thanks.
01-02-2011 03:49 PM
I am having the same problem. I followed the directions in the User Guide for scanning negatives and I still get the same error message. Did you ever resolve this?
01-23-2011 03:40 PM
I am having the same problem... I have removed the white plastic cover on the lid, put the template in place on the base (as directed), put the 16 slides in place and tried scanning... tried several times... rebooted the computer and tried again... I give up. I hope HP provides some direction on this soon, or I will just go buy another scanner that works.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers