HP Scanjet G4050 - Can't get the scanner to scan negatives (1023 Views)
Honor Student
brad1125
Message 1 of 4 (1,023 Views)

HP Scanjet G4050 - Can't get the scanner to scan negatives

I just hooked up the new scanner and tried scanning several negatives using the various holders supplied with the unit.  Even tried putting one negative flat on glass and attempted to scan it using the scan negative setting.  Each time I get error messages saying:  Unhook and remove the backing from inside the scanner lid to expose the canner bulb.  Remove an objects from the scanner glass. Load your slides and negatives.  Try scanning again."  The error code at the bottom reads:

"4,[(0.320.800004005), (2.40.8004001a),(3,40.0)]  I have removed the white inside lid cover and tried  a dozen different times and get the same error code?  I can scan a regular photograph with no problem.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Student
BarbLu
Message 2 of 4 (847 Views)

Re: HP Scanjet G4050 - Can't get the scanner to scan negatives

I am having the same problem.  I followed the directions in the User Guide for scanning negatives and I still get the same error message.  Did you ever resolve this?

Student
Luke01
Message 3 of 4 (775 Views)

I am having the same problem... I have removed the white plastic cover on the lid, put the template in place on the base (as directed), put the 16 slides in place and tried scanning... tried several times... rebooted the computer and tried again... I give up.  I hope HP provides some direction on this soon, or I will just go buy another scanner that works.

Honor Student
brad1125
Message 4 of 4 (768 Views)

The scanner works well for everything except for slides.  I sure hope HP picks up this thread and suggests a fix?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation