HP Scanjet G4050 Error Message (2055 Views)
Honor Student
mthsr1
Message 11 of 19 (649 Views)

Re: HP Scanjet G4050 Error Message

I also totally removed the cover and reattached it before I did the double scan. That didn't fix the problem for me but you might want to try it. Just open the top cover of the scanner fully and carefully lift straight up while holding the scanner body down. The cover will come off and be attached only by the cable from the cover to the back of the scanner (which you might want to disconnect/reconnect too).

Then - put the metal supports back into the slots and firmly reseat the cover.

As I said - this didn't work for me - the double scan (once as doc - once as negative) has worked severla times now.

Student
dr_cclee
Message 12 of 19 (594 Views)

ok, there is this plastic cushion pad that should be used for scanning document or photo, and should be taken down when scanning slide or negative. Duh...

Student
eocb
Message 13 of 19 (575 Views)

Duh?!? Pretty sure most of us have read the manual.

Having the same problem scanning film/negatives through my Mac - still works fine on my PC. Any more suggestions/feedback? Tried everything else offered above...

FRUSRATED!

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 14 of 19 (563 Views)

Hello eocb

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the Scanjet series but I can try to point you in the right direction. The Scanjet G4050 is a Commercial product and as such the HP Commercial Board would be a better place to post for help. The majority of users on this forum focus on the consumer products.

You may find the Commercial Scanjet board here.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanners/bd-p/bsc-418

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Honor Student
Comments
Message 15 of 19 (471 Views)

Re: HP Scanjet G4050 Error Message if new return for refund and buy from another company

GJCORNISH wrote:

I got  this since upgrading to 10.6 on the mac. What version of software are you running

Student
montydawg
Message 16 of 19 (382 Views)

Re: HP Scanjet G4050 Error Message if new return for refund and buy from another company

I am using Windows XP and had the same error message.  I got it working by turning around the slide template on the scanner.  I was using the template turned around the wrong way. 

Student
cjcash
Message 17 of 19 (356 Views)

I also had the problem to remove items from scanner. I tried all the solutions and nothing worked. I went instead to the printer/scanner utility in System Preferences and tried a scan. While the scan worked it scanned exactly what was on the flatbed (the backside of the TMA).  Once I knew the scanner worked, I tried the HP Scan software and it successfully scanned and separated 15 pictures from 4 negative strips. I am using a new MacBook Pro with Retina, OS X 10.8.2 and (for personal preference) scanned in at 600 dpi. Be sure to remove the large white pad from the top of the scanner to expose the bulb.

Honor Student
hadiatt
Message 18 of 19 (300 Views)

[ Edited ]

Dear friend

please kindly note i work with makbook pro core i7 4 GB Ram os x 10.8.2 and i have just bought a hp g4050 scanner

pleas kindly help me out to know how could i setup my scanner with my macbook pro as i am a photographer and very

important for me to do this.

thanks alot

hadi

Honor Student
hadiatt
Message 19 of 19 (298 Views)

[ Edited ]

Dear friend

please kindly note i work with makbook pro core i7 4 GB Ram os x 10.8.2 and i have just bought a hp g4050 scanner

pleas kindly help me out to know how could i setup my scanner with my macbook pro as i am a photographer and very

important for me to do this.

thanks alot

hadi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation