03-28-2013 09:41 AM
Is it possible to have Adobe Acrobat run when I press the scan button on the face of the Scanjet Pro. 3000 instead of Paperport. I like scanning with Adobe Acrobat. Adobe Acrobat isn't in the button event list. Thanks! Jereme
03-29-2013 05:59 AM
Yes, you can use the Scanjet Button Configuration utility to open any application software you will configure for the button press, including Adobe Acrobat Reader / Professional.
But the image scanned by scanner needs to be to converted to .PDF file type first, hence Acrobat Reader will open, but cannot read/open the image file scanned by scanner.
In other words, if you have Adobe Reader, it will not be able to read the image file unless converted to .PDF. You will nead document editing software like Acrobat Professional or Paper Port, which will first read image file & convert it to .PDF file format.
Hope this helps!
Click the 'Kudos Thumbs Up' if this was helpful. Thank You!
(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax