HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
02-20-2011 02:48 PM
Issue: Scan Files do not appear in the saved folder or scanned files disappear after scanning or Scan to list is empty in
HP Solution Center.
Note: Below steps are applicable if version of HP Solution is 14.
To check the version of HP Solution:
a) Open “Programs and Features” in “Control Panel”
b) Look for the entry HP Solution Center. 14 should be displayed beside it.
If HP Solution Center 13 is present, refer to the steps given in below post:
Using printer s/w CD:
Note: Check the version number printed on the CD label. It should be 14. Close HP Solution Center if it open.
1) Insert the s/w CD into CD-ROM drive and close any HP installation window if it opens.
2) Open “Computer” èRight click on CD-ROM drive and select “Explorer”
3) Open “Setup” folder è Open “Destinations” folder
4) Open “Destinations.cab” file
5) Look for the file “hpqxmlul.dll”. Select this file and click on “Extract”. Save the file to “Desktop” screen
6) Right click on the file which is saved to desktop and select “Rename”
7) Change the name to hpqxmlul.dll.
8) Now right click this file and select Copy.
9) Open “Computer”è C:/ drive è Program Files è HP è Digital Imaging è bin folder
Note: If you see “Program Files(x86)” folder, open this folder instead of “Program Files” folder.
10) Paste the file in the bin folder. If you receive message saying “File already exists – Replace the file”, select “Yes”.
11) Now open HP Solution Center and try scanning.
If you have downloaded the software, then:
1) Double click the saved driver file. This will extract the contents. Close the install screen when it appears
2) Click on Start è Run. Here type %temp% and click OK. This will open TEMP folder.
Click on Windows icon è In Search box type %temp% and press Enter key on keyboard.
3) Open latest 7z folder è Open Setup folder è Open Destination folder
4) Refer to Step 4 as above and follow the remaining steps.
Cause: Issue is with the incorrect version of hpqxmlul.dll file present in the bin folder.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-01-2011 07:54 PM
This did not solve the problem of the disappearing scan files. I am using version 14 that was downloaded in October, 2010. The file hpqxmlul.dll was 93KB. I followed your suggestions, but when all done, the scanned files were still missing. Are there different versions of version 14? I have an HP Photosmart Premium printer c390a. THanks!
03-02-2011 10:50 AM
This solution worked with my Officejet Pro L7590 / Vista 32 bit....thank you very much! This had been driving me crazy for a couple of months and I was just about to get a different printer.
03-11-2011 08:38 AM
Thank you for the solution. All seems to be working well.
I would highly encourage the employee(s) at HP to 1.) fix the version 14 drivers, and 2.) post a prominant link to this solution.
It would be great if this solution were posted to the many (read hundreds) of threads in the forum and on the HP software support web pages.
Too bad it took such a long time, but for now call me a Happy scanner,
P.S. Note the typo in the instructions ! (the character number1 is missing)
rename hpqxmlul.dll1 -> hpqxmlul.dll
05-27-2011 08:08 AM
Have software V13 on my L7500 series printer. Have Win 7, 64 bit which I converted from Vista 64 bit. Everything was fine for quite a while, then stopped working. My original software CD is v. 8.0.1 Have auto update turned on and had MANY updates from HP. Have tried all of the solutions presented in this forum and a few of my own that don't work. Anyone got any more ideas? HELP and thank you!! Carol
08-04-2011 10:43 PM
Running vista 64 and an HP6500 and cannot get scan to save file. Have all the same issues as in this thread. Uninstalled printer, all hp software and downloaded latest v14 full version. Reinstalled printer. Scanner still does not have any file types and saves but to nowhere. Never can find the hpqxmlul.dll per below.
08-07-2011 11:34 AM
Also does not fix the problem for me.
My copy of version 14 was downloaded in Sept 2010. My original version (and the only CD I have) is version 8.
09-27-2011 08:58 AM
I am not a techi and having trouble following the instructions. I can find an hpqxmlul.dll file in the digital imaging bin but that is all I can find. Could not find the 7z folder. I upgraded from version 8 to version 14.