HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
03-31-2012 03:29 AM
Sorry for the delay. My solution was exactly the solution described in the part "Using printer s/w CD" with a version number 14 :
"Close HP Solution Center if it open.
1) Insert the s/w CD into CD-ROM drive and close any HP installation window if it opens.
2) Open “Computer” èRight click on CD-ROM drive and select “Explorer”
3) Open “Setup” folder è Open “Destinations” folder
4) Open “Destinations.cab” file
5) Look for the file “hpqxmlul.dll”. Select this file and click on “Extract”. Save the file to “Desktop” screen
6) Right click on the file which is saved to desktop and select “Rename”
7) Change the name to hpqxmlul.dll.
8) Now right click this file and select Copy.
9) Open “Computer”è C:/ drive è Program Files è HP è Digital Imaging è bin folder
Note: If you see “Program Files(x86)” folder, open this folder instead of “Program Files” folder.
10) Paste the file in the bin folder. If you receive message saying “File already exists – Replace the file”, select “Yes”.
11) Now open HP Solution Center and try scanning"
That's all. No need to re-boot after. In fact it's just the replacement of only 1 file (hpqxmlul.dll)
03-31-2012 10:59 AM
I previously followed a similar, but different, set of instructions to replace the hpqxmlul.dll file, and now can scan using my PC interface (yours instuctions looks easier to follow). However, I still am unable to scan using the front of my HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One. Do you know if there is a fix to allow me to scan from the front controls on the All-In-One?
03-31-2012 11:29 AM
Sorry David it's the same for me : the scan does not starts from the front controls (left side of the All-in-one HP OJP L7680). It just opens the scan menu on the HP Solution Center software and you have to finish there, which is not satisfactory in my opinion. But I did not try to fix that and, maybe, there is a solution.
03-31-2012 03:03 PM
For those who are unable to scan from the front panel after the update, may I ask if you have tried the instructions in the post dated 12-04-201107:06 AM??
That procedure fixed the issue with scanning from the front panel for me. (Please let me know if those instructions are not sufficientlyo clear.)
03-31-2012 08:55 PM
Hi Paul - I am trying to get up the nerve to try this solution and I am just about there - thanks to your feedback. There is one earlier post that I read and it is this:
P.S. Note the typo in the instructions ! (the character number1 is missing)
rename hpqxmlul.dll1 -> hpqxmlul.dll
This was posted earlier and i guess it makes sense. Otherwise you are renaming the file the same thing. The way I understand it, is you look for file hpqxmlul.dll1 and rename it hpqxmlul.dll (without the 1).
I bought my all in one a few years ago and it never worked right after an update from HP. I even upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista. That helped the recognition, but could not save lost files. My CD was from a very much earlier version so I did download the updated full version from HP website. I will have to search for the file w/o the cd. (I have the cd - but an older version.) Thanks - hope this works. Mary
11-13-2012 10:35 PM