03-08-2013 02:11 PM
I have an Officejet Pro 8500. It was working perfectly until I upgraded my OS.
After Windows 8 upgrade, my all-in-one will not scan from the HP Solutions software. Instead of the Scan menu, I get an error message stating that another program or computer is using my HP imaging device.
- I can scan from Windows Fax and Scan software.
- I followed all the HP suggestions; restart all-in-one, reboot computer, uninstall software, reinstall software, reboot again. Run HP Print and Scan Doctor software.
I am still stuck with the same error.
Can anyone suggest something else to try?
03-14-2013 01:56 PM
If you can't scan from paint, this means you're having a communication issue between the printer and computer.
Are you using a USB or scanning wireless?
Also, when you upgrade to WIN8 did you install the correct drivers for the printer?
03-14-2013 02:06 PM
I can scan from paint and other programs, just not HP Solutions. I get an error when I try to pull up the scan menu.
I am not using a USB connection. I am connected wirelessly. I can print with HP Solutions, just not scan.
I upgraded the drivers when I upgraded to Windows 8, and then I uninstalled all the HP software and reinstalled the full program and drivers for Windows 8.
03-14-2013 02:37 PM
I would suggest doing a L3 which is a complete uninstall from the computer.
Here are the steps you will need to take:
1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer
2. Open My Computer, and then right click on the CD drive and chose open
3. Open folder Util
4. Open folder CCC
5.For HP computers run the Uninstall_L3.bat
6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools
8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
9. Use this tool to clean the registry. Note: This utility is not HP sponsored or approved. HP and I are not responsible for damages or loss of data caused by the utility. This step is optional. You can skip it if you want.
10. Download the full feature software and drivers
11. Run the download to reinstall the printer
From a download:
1. Run disk cleanup on your computer
2. Download and run the software and drivers below.
3. Once the download is done extracting, cancel the download.
4.. Press the Windows key + R on the keyboard to bring up the run menu.
5. Type %temp% in the run field and click OK.
6. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
7. Open folder Util
8. Open folder CCC
9. Run the uninstall_ L4.bat for non-HP computers. For HP computers run the Uninstall_L3.bat
10. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
11. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools
12. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
13. Use this tool to clean the system and registry. Note: This utility is not HP sponsored or approved. HP and I are not responsible for damages or loss of data caused by the utility. This step is optional. You can skip it if you want.
15. Run the download to reinstall the printer