07-10-2012 04:39 PM
deskjet F2400 printer/scanner
Windows 7 / 64-bit
No recent changes to computer or software.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the software
The scanner errors out, claiming that another computer or network member is using the scanner. There are no other computers, and I'm not on a network.
07-12-2012 01:15 PM
In this document it discribes what to do if the scanner says another program is using it. The steps should be what you need to clear up the error that your getting as well. Let me know if it works or not.
07-12-2012 01:19 PM
I suggest trying the article below. It covers different solutions that may help resolve your problem.
Please let me know if the issue is resolved or not. Also please specify which Deskjet F2400 you have, the F2400 has several different models.
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers