01-21-2011 08:02 AM
I have two same printers HP laserjet 1536 dnf. One I have at home and the other is at my workplace.
I use my notebook at home and at work so I installed drivers for printer at home. I use network connection.
At my work I just add a new port and used current installed driver. It works fine while I am printing, but problem is that scanning documents work only at home. Is it possible to define in scan application to choose from which printer I am going to scan.
01-24-2011 11:19 AM
At my work I just add a new port and used current installed driver.
Try running the install program again - the driver port is only for printing. In the set up options, you should see an option to uninstall and to connect to a new device. Select the option to connect to a new device while you are at work.
After that, the scan feature should be available on both devices and you should see both of them listed as available scanners.
05-24-2013 02:52 PM
11-05-2013 03:49 AM
I have the same problem as Marko, but all of the printers in one network.
When i running install program again first step in which should be selection of the components to install is skipped. As a result all printer are printed and no changing in scaning (only tehe first one).
I try to uninstall and then install again. It's partly solved my problem because i can chose what device would be scanned, but i should reinstalled all other devices.
And i have 10 printers and 35 computers in my network and every time doing the same will be a big problem.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers