Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a similar problem when trying to scan pages of my scrap book to a single pdf file. Where do I go to change the settings.

HP Recommended

Got it.

To change scan settings

Windows: Open the HP Solution Center, select Settings, select Scan Settings and Preferences, then select from the available options and make your selections.

HP Device Manager (Mac OS X): Launch HP Device Manager, click Information and Settings, and then select Scan Preferences from the drop-down list.

HP Recommended

Scanning multiple pages of different sizes or from book.

Read this link to learn how to do that task.

http://bit.ly/HPscan2011

HP Recommended

I changed unchecked the save to individual file and was able to scan 2 pages in and save as one pdf file.

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

Yep, that's step 4 of my instructions, as mentioned in the link, in my post above.

HP Recommended

Re: HP officejet 6500 - Trying to scan documents to pdf in my computer docs file. Everything works fine until I pull up file (pdf) & its gives me an error message with a blank page.I have downloaded all software from HP. It worked fine when I 1st set up all in one printer. Please help!

Thank you,

Richard

HP Recommended
What is the error message?
HP Recommended

My multi page scans used to save to a single pdf file, but suddenly started to save all the pages separately.  (HP 6500A Plus - software version 3.3.0 - Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4) The answer listed this solution:

HP Device Manager (Mac OS X): Launch HP Device Manager, click Information and Settings, and then select Scan Preferences from the drop-down list.

I do not have an HP Device Manager, only HP Utility.  The only Scan Setting is Scan to Computer, and there is no Information and Settings and no drop-down.  In HP Scan, preferences do not list anything related to this.  What am I missing?  Where is this hiding??!!??

HP Recommended

I found this document that says you need HP Scan 3 to change any of the scan settings.  Hope it helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Thanks, Shane, but i have and use HP Scan 3 when scanning from the computer.  It does not have these scan settings or preferences either (that i could find).  Any other ideas?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.