Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do I set th eprinter to scan multiple pages into one pdf file.  I could not tell what I need to set to do this.  I have an HP officejet 6500 all in one pirnter.

52 REPLIES 52
HP Recommended

Scanned to one file is only supported for Document Scan type ( you should choose shortcut with scan type =Document) and you should make sure that the box "Create one file per scanned page..." (in the Save to file Options) is unticked

This is one of many ways to scan to single pdf file:

Place the documents you want to scan in printer's automatic document feeder

Use HP Solution Center to perform the scan.

Click Scan Document

Choose Document to File

Click Save to File Save Option, make sure you left the box "Create one file per scanned page....." unticked

Click Scan

The result of the scan will be one pdf file.

I work for hp but my statement above is my own, not of hp
HP Recommended

Hello,

This post help me a lot, but I don't see how to numerise in duplex because i would conserve the order of the pages.

How can I do that ?

Thank you.

(Sorry for my poor english ^^)

HP Recommended

Hello Guion,

HP Officejet 6500 supports scan through Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) which is located on the top part of the printers. You can put the papers that you want to scan facing up in the adf with the order that you want it to be in the resultant document. Put the first page on the topmost, follow by the subsequent pages.

I work for hp but my statement above is my own, not of hp
HP Recommended

I understand that, it's not really my question. (I think my sentence whas not corecte).

I would scan paper who have text on the two face (recto-verso) in one pass (in one numerisation)

For exemple, I put one paper on the scan, clic on "numerise on pdf" and the result is a pdf document with two pages.

I hope I clearly express my problem,

Thanks to your reply,

Alexandre Guion

HP Recommended

Hi,

HP OJ 6500 does not support automatic two sided scanning. However, we can use Microsoft Document Imaging to scan both sides of the page. Here is how it is done:

1) Click on Start ==> All Programs ==> Microsoft Office Tool ==> Microsoft Office Document Imaging.

If it is not listed, follow the instructions given in below link:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5327838_install-microsoft-office-document-imaging.html

2) Click the Scan New Document button or click File, then Scan New Document.
3) In the Scan New Document dialog box, check the "original is Double sided" check box.

4) Place the pages in the scanner so that the page fronts are scanned first. Click the Scan button.
5) If the Scan Settings dialog box pops up, select your settings and click Start Scan.

6) When the scanner finishes, a new dialog box will pop up. Place the pages in the scanner so that the page backs are scanned. The last page just scanned should be first so check the "Reverse page order when scanning second side" check box.

7) Click the Scan Side 2 button.

😎 If the Scan Settings dialog box pops up, select your settings and click Start Scan.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

I will prefer a solution free because your software is link to the Microsoft office suite i think. I try with adobe acrobat and it work but it's an evaluation also. Did you have any another software ?

HP Recommended

how to san few pages to file?

HP Recommended

The pages I need to scan are stiff, scrapbook pages - not suitable for sending through the Automatic Document Feeder.  And my version of MS Office does not have the process you refer to. 

Do you have any suggestions, or do I pull out my old OJ 5510 and finish this project before I recycle the old unit?

HP Recommended

Problem solved, Awsome dude, you are the man!!! I got what I needed its not even hard to set up as long as you have all your software installed correctly from the begining, I gues poeple get confusded with the existing shortcuts already set by default because there is one or two that has "PDF file Scanned" and "Document to PDF file" and "Document to searchable PDF file" but as long as you choose "Document to file" and modify the right setting you are done!!! once again thanks Mr Green Apple man...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.