HP officejet 7310 all-in-one printer. (425 Views)
Top Student
leroy1942
Message 1 of 6 (425 Views)

HP officejet 7310 all-in-one printer.

I have a HP officejet 7310 all-in-one printer.  When I try to scan anything into my computer I get the following message  (An error occurred with the scanning device.  Pleas ensure that the scanning device is connected properly and try again).  I can print to my print from my computer so I know it is connected.  Does anyone know what might be wrong and what I need to do.  Thank you for your time.

leroy1942

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 6 (409 Views)

Re: HP officejet 7310 all-in-one printer.

Hello leroy

What operating system are you using and is the printer connected with a USB cable or is it connected to the network?

If you are using Windows XP, Vista, or 7 have you tried the HP Print and Scan Doctor? It is a diagnostic utility that can sometimes resolve issues like what you are having.

http://www.hp.com/go/tools

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Top Student
leroy1942
Message 3 of 6 (399 Views)

Travis, I ran the print and scan Doctor and got the following results.

Device Manager  -  OK

Driver Check  - OK

Windows (WIA) Scan  -  OK

HP Twain Scan  -  OK

Registry  -  OK

HP Scan Flow Manager  -  OK

Digital Imaging Monitor  -  OK

Front Panel Test  - Front Panel Error

This tool has detected a problem with the printer front panel; scan settings.  Start HP   

Solution Center, then choose "Settings,  "Scan Settings"  " Scan to...Setup" and add the 

available scan shortcuts to the Printer Front Panel list to resolve this problem.

Note you should still be able to scan from applications such as Microsoft Paint.  If is well meet your scanning needs click skip.

How do I get to the Solution Center.  I would have send you a picture of the above screen, but I do not know how to get from paint to here.  Thank you for your time.

leroy

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 6 (398 Views)

Hello leroy

If you installed the printer software (Full Feature) you should have an icon on your Desktop named "HP Solution Center".

Solution Center icon

Let me know what happens. For alternatives to scanning you can also check out the following article.

How to Scan in Windows without Using HP Software

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

Top Student
leroy1942
Message 5 of 6 (389 Views)

Travis I do not have the HP Solutions that I can find. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the software? It has been a long time since I installed the print so I do not know if I had it before or not. When I installed the printer I had a lot of trouble getting it to install right. I will try to reinstall if it will help. Thank you for your time.

Leroy
Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 6 of 6 (382 Views)

Hello Leroy

What operating system do you have? You can find the software for your printer at the following link just choose your operating system. Make sure to download the Full Feature Software as that is the version that includes Solution Center.

Officejet 7310 Software

Before you install the new software make sure the old software has been removed. The link below should help you uninstall the printer.

Uninstalling the Printer Software

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation