Question

Honor Student
trishhooper
Message 1 of 6 (2,875 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP officejet pro 8600 plus and how to scan in word?

How do I scan into a word document with an HP officejet pro 8600 Plus? Why is there no selection for microsoft word as there is for Adobe PDF? How do I get something to scan into Microsoft word 2007?

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 6 (2,849 Views)

Re: HP officejet pro 8600 plus and how to scan in word?

There is no way to scan directly to Word.  Just not possible on this printer.  Not sure if it's possible on any printer to scan directly to Word.  What you can do, and it's kind of tedious, is scan the document into a .pdf, save the .pdf, open the .pdf, select everything in the document, copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl+C or right-click and select copy), open Word, create a new document, and paste the clipboard into the Word document (Ctrl+V or right-click and select paste).  That's the only way to get the scans into word without conveting them form a .pdf to a .doc or .docx.  Sorry.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Honor Student
trishhooper
Message 3 of 6 (2,848 Views)

[ Edited ]

For future reference can HP please put the word scan into the scanner? This would be most helpful. Maybe HP can come up with a download to add this to our printers? Trying some suggestions here, as you have save as a PDF, why not Word?????? Come on HP you are killing me! Thank you for you reply as I am a student and our professors require everything in word or excel. Thanks!

Student
Smov
Message 4 of 6 (2,167 Views)

I have an HP Officejer 4500 that allows me to "scan to " several options. I've been trying to get the same options on a Officejet Pro 8600 n911a but without success!

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 5 of 6 (2,159 Views)

Sorry that you are having that issue @Smov. Did you download the FULL FEATURE software and drivers for this 8600. 

Here is a link that will assist you with that. 

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4323659&task=&

Choose you operating system, and NEXT. 

Select Driver, and choose the FULL FEATURE software. 

Does it give you an error message when you try to click on the 8600, under scan settings?

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Top Student
lois61
Message 6 of 6 (919 Views)

Thanks for the info.  I can now scan in Word, but after I scan, I get "scanner Addin Trial" printed on my scan.  Do you know how to get rid of those words?  I cannot delete them from my scan.  Thanks so much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation