Question

Student
pookahontus
Message 1 of 8 (5,901 Views)

HP psc 2410 Photosmart all in one printer

HI,

I have a HP psc 2410 Photosmart all in one printer that was working brilliantly ubtil i up graded from XP to Vista 32. The driver is not a problem, i can print OK. My problem i cannot take advantage of all the other features like scanning to email because the utilitys disc that came with the printer will not install under Vista. Is vista compatible software available or has my beloved psc 2410 cone to the end of it's life.

Kind Regards,

Pookahontus

Student
Carolyn-James
Message 2 of 8 (5,602 Views)

Re: HP psc 2410 Photosmart all in one printer

When searching the info on the HP website it did say that the scan button isn't compatible with Vista.  It did give to options though to do it from your computer.  Sorry I can't remember them exactly but I can guarantee you the solution is there on the website under the specific product name, just not in the forum answers.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 3 of 8 (5,641 Views)

Actually, there is no Full Feature software available for Vista and this printer. So Solution Center is not available for this printer on Vista.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
burro
Message 4 of 8 (5,582 Views)

Re: HP psc 2410 Photosmart -- Is there any HOPE that HP will write a DRIVER??

Is there any HOPE that HP will write a DRIVER??

Seems HP would rather force people to buy new printers than to write drivers, which AREN'T crazy-hard to update...   maybe that works for HP, but I am really going to look hard to purchase the next printers from companies that release driver updates...  and recommend that others do the same!!

(Shame, because HP makes some decent printers.)

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 5 of 8 (5,571 Views)

It is afterall a pretty old printer, and is considered obsolete. So I really dont think a lot of manufacturers would actively update and support such models. I would expect this from ANY company, not only HP. That's the hard truth. Technology becomes obsolete and forgotten very quickly.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Tutor
burro
Message 6 of 8 (5,567 Views)

Only, I think, owing to the manufacturers' desire for planned obsolescence.  :-(

Thank you.

Teacher
WayneZ
Message 7 of 8 (5,597 Views)

An HP representative in this list has already said that your unit is not compatible with Windows Vista and is not being supported by HP.  From my experience once I upgraded computers from one running WIndows XP to one running Windows Vista, please be advised that the climed compatibility of HP and Microsfot for their printers is not accurate.  I have an HP L7555 model (part of the HP L7500 series of all-in-ones) and it worked fine with HP Solution Center software and Windows XP Professional but once the new machine was used with Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit and I reloaded all the new drivers for the HP SOlution Center software, the software would no longer allow scanning then started stopping all its other functions also and does not work compatiblity wise at all now.  I am in warranty and HP will not resolve the problems despite countless hours of emails, on line chat support, and remote control for my computer to fix the issue.  Hp Representatives finally admitted they have a comptibility issue with their software (hardware) and Windows Vista.  To make a long story short, it doesn't work anymore the way they advertise and sell it to operate.  You will most likely have to buy another unit to achieve the functionality that you desire.  Most people in here having issues with HP have been buying Borther units it appears and have said they are satisfied with that company.  If you are doing photos, it also appears Canon makes a good all-in-one unit also and is highly rated.  Based on my service unresolved issues with HP as well as hundreds of others in these HP support forum pages and ratings at various sites, I would stay away from HP.  They don't honor their warranty as it is printed and advertised, and they obviously don't support their products.  Good luck!
"Any time you have the opportunity to make a difference in this world, and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth." - Roberto Clemente
Tutor
burro
Message 8 of 8 (5,541 Views)

Thanks for all the tips.

FYI -- Using VueScan software, the HP PSC PhotoSmart 2410 has complete scanning capability (shows HP it can be done, at any rate).

I have not checked faxing capabilities, b/c the firned I am helping does not use that, but we can now:

Print from all apps

Copy 

and

Scan.

Cheers,

~L.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation