HP scan program for Officejet Pro 8600 (104 Views)
Student
HP-A
Message 1 of 2 (104 Views)

HP scan program for Officejet Pro 8600

Hi,

I just installed the Officejet Pro 8600, replacing our 8500. Everything works fine except the HP scan. It keep being connected to the Officejet 8500. I already removed the 8500 install, but still it is connected. By the way I work with Mac OS 10.6.8

I googled around and noticed that HP scan is not longer available for the Ofiicejet 8600. Is that correct? That would explane why I 'm stuck between my Mac and HP 8600.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

and, a bit to late, Merry Christmas

A

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 2 (64 Views)

Re: HP scan program for Officejet Pro 8600

Hi there,

I understand you have an Officejet Pro 8600 that you're using with Mac OS X 10.6, but are having issues with the HP Scan program. I will certainly do my best to assist you with this!

HP Scan is definitely compatible with the Officejet Pro 8600, so I'm not quite sure where the people you found were getting their information, but I'm happy you found us on the HP Forums :smileyhappy: Essentially you just have to open the HP Scan program, press Scan and then where it lists the printer, if you press anywhere in that box it becomes a drop down and you should see an option that says Browse Scanners. If you click on that option you should then be able to select your Officejet Pro 8600 and then begin to scan with it. I have included the picture below to hopefully help fend off any confusion!

Hope this helps, have a great day!!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, as it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation