08-08-2012 08:05 AM
HP3050A J611 running on Vista. Bought printer about 6 months ago, all functions were working perfectly. However, for no apparent reason, the scan facility has stopped functioning - still able to copy and print both cabled & wirelessly. Have tried to re-install the printer, but this does not solve the problem. Has anyone else had the same issue and been able to resolve it. Advice gratefully received
08-08-2012 08:18 AM
Yep. Have just posted on another thread about this. The scan option disappeared from the computer although I was able to scan using control panel on printer. I found if you go to start menu, all programs, HP, HP3050a series, HP Scan you will get the scan dialogue box on your computer and it works wirelessly from there - at least it did for me but not for others.
08-08-2012 01:42 PM
Thanks for your help, but I'm afraid this hasn't resolved my issue. Would be really grateful for any other suggestions.
Out of interest, the scan option is still available on my computer - and scan to computer is still enabled. Have tried disabling, and re-enabling, but no joy.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers