08-08-2012 08:05 AM
HP3050A J611 running on Vista. Bought printer about 6 months ago, all functions were working perfectly. However, for no apparent reason, the scan facility has stopped functioning - still able to copy and print both cabled & wirelessly. Have tried to re-install the printer, but this does not solve the problem. Has anyone else had the same issue and been able to resolve it. Advice gratefully received
08-08-2012 08:18 AM
Yep. Have just posted on another thread about this. The scan option disappeared from the computer although I was able to scan using control panel on printer. I found if you go to start menu, all programs, HP, HP3050a series, HP Scan you will get the scan dialogue box on your computer and it works wirelessly from there - at least it did for me but not for others.
08-08-2012 01:42 PM
Thanks for your help, but I'm afraid this hasn't resolved my issue. Would be really grateful for any other suggestions.
Out of interest, the scan option is still available on my computer - and scan to computer is still enabled. Have tried disabling, and re-enabling, but no joy.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax