Question

Honor Student
JenMB
Message 1 of 7 (4,958 Views)
Accepted Solution

HPDeskjet 2510 scanner not working

I have just picked up my second HP Deskjet all in one printer, the first one wouldn't scan and now this one is the same, same error message as before, unfortunately it won't let me copy and paste the message, has anyone else had this problem ? I don't want to have to take it back and change it again ! Please help....

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 7 (4,935 Views)

Re: HPDeskjet 2510 scanner not working

Sorry that you are having a problem with the deskjet not scanning. 

If this is a brand new printer and you still are not able to scan, it may be something on the computer that is blocking the ports. 

Are you downloading the drivers from the CD or the website? Here is a link for the website.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5157...

Make sure to download the FULL FEATURE DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE. 

What is the error message that you are seeing? Is it on the computer screen or the printer?

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
JenMB
Message 3 of 7 (4,932 Views)

Thank you, I spoke with HP we downloaded the drivers again but still not working, we came to the conclusion that its either my computer ( I am getting them out to it ) or it could be the lead I am using from my old HP printer.
Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 4 of 7 (4,928 Views)

No problem at all. If you run into any other problems, feel free to ask. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Student
toeray07
Message 5 of 7 (4,553 Views)

still having the same problem.some1 any1 help

Distinguished Professor
Cheetah12
Message 6 of 7 (4,498 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello toeray07.

If you need assistance, please verify what type of printer you have. Click here to find out: Model Number.

What is the exact issue your are experiencing?

What is your operating system? Windows or Mac?

How is this printer connected? Wireless or USB?

Once I verify this information I can assist you further.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Student
nadar
Message 7 of 7 (3,449 Views)

my hp all in one deskjet scanner is not working. please say any easy way to solve this problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation