Having " an error occurred sending the scanned images to ." but with F4135 (2146 Views)
Honor Student
skoolcounselor
Message 1 of 3 (2,146 Views)

Having " an error occurred sending the scanned images to ." but with F4135

I read your replies to the other user who didn't have a destination file menu, but I am still stumped. An HP person tried to help me through the chat line, but she told me to find some 7z file and I don't have one. The software driver she told me to download was for a totally different all-in-one.
Honor Student
stacyg30wi
Message 2 of 3 (1,618 Views)

Having " an error occurred sending the scanned images to ." me too!! hp help needed!!!

I am trying to scan, and i have tried using the hp help, but there is no "scan to find destinations",

there are no destinations set, and will NOT allow me to set or save any either.  

After uninstalling and reinstalling more than once, and still nothing.

I am running Vista 32 bit Home Basic

on an Acer Aspire 5315

any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Student
Mitth
Message 3 of 3 (1,238 Views)

Re: Having " an error occurred sending the scanned images to ." but with F4135

[ Edited ]

I had the same error, but for the All-in-One C4200 series. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling the printer and all that, but kept getting the error you guys got. I use the HP Solution Center to scan my images, and it was this program that kept giving me the error. When I tried to change the save location (Settings -> Scan Picture Settings), there was nothing in the "Scan to:" field and I couldn't get anything to appear in there (clicking the "Save Options" under that didn't help either).

Then, I tried renaming the default save folder my printer was using before it died ("My Scans" in "My Documents") to something else, thinking that maybe the printer was trying to create the same folder in the same place, but couldn't because the old one was there (and thus offered me no save options). And it worked! I don't know if it was renaming the old folder that did it or just reinstalling again (for the third time?! Probably not), but it worked!

I also got the most updated version of HP Solution Center here.

Hope this helps!

Message Edited by Mitth on 11-19-2009 11:20 PM
Message Edited by Mitth on 11-19-2009 11:20 PM
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation