02-04-2009 07:53 PM
08-10-2009 08:49 PM
I am trying to scan, and i have tried using the hp help, but there is no "scan to find destinations",
there are no destinations set, and will NOT allow me to set or save any either.
After uninstalling and reinstalling more than once, and still nothing.
I am running Vista 32 bit Home Basic
on an Acer Aspire 5315
any help is greatly appreciated!!!
11-20-2009 12:19 AM - edited 11-20-2009 12:20 AM
I had the same error, but for the All-in-One C4200 series. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling the printer and all that, but kept getting the error you guys got. I use the HP Solution Center to scan my images, and it was this program that kept giving me the error. When I tried to change the save location (Settings -> Scan Picture Settings), there was nothing in the "Scan to:" field and I couldn't get anything to appear in there (clicking the "Save Options" under that didn't help either).
Then, I tried renaming the default save folder my printer was using before it died ("My Scans" in "My Documents") to something else, thinking that maybe the printer was trying to create the same folder in the same place, but couldn't because the old one was there (and thus offered me no save options). And it worked! I don't know if it was renaming the old folder that did it or just reinstalling again (for the third time?! Probably not), but it worked!
I also got the most updated version of HP Solution Center here.
Hope this helps!
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax