03-22-2010 03:20 PM
Hi i'm not very computer / Scanner literate. I cannot seem to find a way to convert all my scanned photos into JPGs to allow me to trim / crop zoom etc As my scanner seems to be pretty much plug and play they've all come out as PDFs.. Any advice is very much welcomed.. thanks.
03-23-2010 07:18 AM
I'd like to know this too. I have a new 4400 series HP printer. I LOVE it. Tried the scan feature. but it scans to a PDF file. I get no type of "menu" that allows me to "customize". Plus a PDF is of no use to me. I must say the QUALITY of the result is excellent.
I got no manuals with the printer. I did download a "basic" manual (about 25 pages). i didnt want to "waste" ink by getting the full manual.
03-26-2010 02:36 PM
|NOTE:||Before you begin, make sure that the product is connected to your computer.|NOTE: If Windows Live Photo Gallery does not appear in the list of programs, you can go to the Microsoft Web site to download it, or try the next method.
- Click File , and then click Import From Camera or Scanner .
- Click the product you are using to scan, and then click Import .
- Make any desired setting changes, and then click Scan .
03-26-2010 02:52 PM
You can scan inJPEG format by going to lower left Windows Icon
go to all Programs
and find HP Solution Center
Click on that and then scan and save in JPEG format...
I guess the scan on the machine itself is only for documents
as it only scans if PDF format...
They sure don't make it easy do they?
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers