Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I would like an answer too.

HP Recommended

Did you read all the replies?  I posted one that worked for several people already.

HP Recommended

I cannot seem to find a way to convert all my scanned photos into JPGs.  My scanner seems to produce photos in PDF mode only. Any advice is very much welcomed. Thank you

HP Recommended

Scanning issues…

Please try this scan solution:

HP Scan Extended

HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads  For Windows.

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Make searchable PDF scans for free with this scanning software -   https://www.naps2.com/

Let us know.

HP Recommended

You can't change from pdf to jpeg after they've been scanned.  You need to change the settings before you scan it.

Go into Control Center 3 or 4, whichever you have installed.

On the Tab at the top, Go to Device Settings

Click on Device Settings Below

Under the Image Tab, change your file type from pdf to JPEG.

Set the resolution to your desired resolution (the higher the dpi, the better, but creates a larger file).  300 is default.

Change the Scan Type to Color if you want a color picture

Click OK

Then Scan it and your scan will be a photo (JPEG).

HP Recommended

How can  I scan my photos as JPG not PDF?

HP Recommended

Seriously?  Don't you read other replies?

Go into Control Center 3 or 4, whichever you have installed.

On the Tab at the top, Go to Device Settings

Click on Device Settings Below

Under the Image Tab, change your file type from pdf to JPEG.

Set the resolution to your desired resolution (the higher the dpi, the better, but creates a larger file).  300 is default.

Change the Scan Type to Color if you want a color picture

Click OK

HP Recommended

Thanks for reaching out to HP Support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips .

I see that you are having issues while scanning using your Deskjet printer. Let’s try the steps below to try and fix the issue:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Deskjet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads to download and install the printer drivers.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
  • Restart both the printer & computer and then try to scan and check.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 

AgathaV_1-1657116174344.png

Agatha
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.