02-22-2012 02:27 PM
If you have the Full Feature Software for the Printer, you use the HP Solution Center to set it up.
To set up "scan to Email", see the steps starting on Page 61 in your printer's Manual:
There are instructions for both Windows AND Mac OS.
If you need to install the Full Feature Software for your printer, see the following:
(Re)install the basic driver or Full Feature Software:
Drivers control hardware connected to the computer (wired or wireless).
Software controls the programs that interact with the User.
- Go to the top of the forum page to Support and Drivers
- Enter your Printer Model information, and then go to Software and Drivers...
- Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu... Scroll down
- Look for category Driver - Product Installation Software
- Select the appropriate Basic Driver or Full Feature Software – if available for your printer Save the *.exe installation package on your computer -
- NOTE the name and the location - the *.exe file will likely save to "Downloads “Install the Software / Driver installation package: It will be named *.exe – the package will most likely be located in the Downloads folder. If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.
NOTE: There is sometimes a lot of information at the printer’s website. Be sure to take an extended look at what’s available.
I hope this helps!
Say “Thanks!” for the Help by clicking the Kudos Star to show your appreciation.
Fixed? Mark this Post “Accept as Solution” to help others find the answers.
Note: You can find “Accept as Solution” only on threads started by you.
Good Fortune! Year of the Dragon!