08-24-2011 11:48 AM - edited 08-24-2011 12:06 PM
The printer prints from the lap top but it won't scan. Message indicates that the computer (lap top) is not connected. When I request a list of possible scanners to select from, it does not list my device (printer/scanner). I tried the options to refresh and add device to launch the wizard but that does not work. Please provide step-by-step instructions on how to set this up. Thank you.
08-24-2011 02:14 PM
Try this utility, it may help:
I was a support engineer for HP.
If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers