Question

Top Student
swissgator
Message 1 of 7 (10,740 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I get my C7280 to scan documents from the feeder?

Maybe this is a no brainer, but I cannot get my HP C7280 to scan documents that I put into the feeder tray to be scanned one by one via the feeder. What happens is that I get the acknowledgement tone that it knows there are documents in the feeder, but then when I press scan to computer, it doesn't use the feeder and I end up with a blank scan!

Is there some setting or secret for it to know, hey I put documents in the feeder, so feed them, scan them, and repeat until empty. Thanks for the help!!

Dan 

Intern
Terri
Message 2 of 7 (10,837 Views)

Re: How do I get my C7280 to scan documents from the feeder?

Where are you scanning from and to???   I just scanned a document from the feeder, I used HP Solution, the front panel and  Photosmart and it worked.  I don't want to insult you but do you have the print side up??? I checked if there might be that magic button but not that I see. If you click the change setting button the only options in there are document (glass or feeder) and picture (glass or feeder) I assume that the printer senses where you put the document to be scanned and takes it from there.
Top Student
swissgator
Message 3 of 7 (10,700 Views)

Thanks for the message. Just like when you take your car to the mechanic, the noise goes away, now this is working fine! I don't know what I did different but simply put documents in face up, pressed scan to computer and then adobe acrobat and they started feeding through.....oh well at least it works now...Thanks!
Intern
Terri
Message 4 of 7 (10,694 Views)

you are welcome, glad to hear you got it working.

please mark thread as solved so others can benefit from the solution.

Tutor
robwhitener
Message 5 of 7 (10,377 Views)

I don't know if this helps any or not, but sometimes, if the humidity is low enough, the paper will sort of stick, and if you don't place the sheets, "just right" in the feeder, you'll have problems.   sometimes, just shuffling the paper before feeding in, helps a hundred percent.

Student
mxld
Message 6 of 7 (4,711 Views)

This didn't work for me at all.  From the start I have had the papers the right way up. When I try to scan only using the control panel, it asks me for a location & gives me two options: Scan & Reprint or Scan to Memory Device. None of which help me scan to my computer.  When I have the papers in the feeder already or put them there and try to scan from my computer using HP Photosmart Studio I get the following message: "The Automatic Document Feeder is engaged. Select the "Scan to:" Destination and press Accept."  And as I have mentioned before the only scan to destinations it shows are: Scan & Reprint or Scan to Memory Device.  When I first got the machine I scanned from feeder once using scan to computer but since that one time it has never come up in the menu again.  What do I do?

Intern
Vortexboy
Message 7 of 7 (2,944 Views)

Is anyone able to scan multiple documents into one scan file, like a PDF or Jpeg file?

I'm using a Mac and the HP Image Capture program to scan documents and this is scanning one page at a time, into a separate file each time. So I have 17 doucments to scan and this way, I will end up with 17 files. No thanks HP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation