12-12-2008 11:43 AM
Maybe this is a no brainer, but I cannot get my HP C7280 to scan documents that I put into the feeder tray to be scanned one by one via the feeder. What happens is that I get the acknowledgement tone that it knows there are documents in the feeder, but then when I press scan to computer, it doesn't use the feeder and I end up with a blank scan!
Is there some setting or secret for it to know, hey I put documents in the feeder, so feed them, scan them, and repeat until empty. Thanks for the help!!
This question was solved. View Solution.
Re: How do I get my C7280 to scan documents from the feeder?
12-12-2008 01:36 PM
12-12-2008 01:36 PM
12-13-2008 01:38 PM
12-31-2008 08:33 PM
I don't know if this helps any or not, but sometimes, if the humidity is low enough, the paper will sort of stick, and if you don't place the sheets, "just right" in the feeder, you'll have problems. sometimes, just shuffling the paper before feeding in, helps a hundred percent.
03-08-2011 01:16 PM
This didn't work for me at all. From the start I have had the papers the right way up. When I try to scan only using the control panel, it asks me for a location & gives me two options: Scan & Reprint or Scan to Memory Device. None of which help me scan to my computer. When I have the papers in the feeder already or put them there and try to scan from my computer using HP Photosmart Studio I get the following message: "The Automatic Document Feeder is engaged. Select the "Scan to:" Destination and press Accept." And as I have mentioned before the only scan to destinations it shows are: Scan & Reprint or Scan to Memory Device. When I first got the machine I scanned from feeder once using scan to computer but since that one time it has never come up in the menu again. What do I do?
04-01-2012 07:15 PM
Is anyone able to scan multiple documents into one scan file, like a PDF or Jpeg file?
I'm using a Mac and the HP Image Capture program to scan documents and this is scanning one page at a time, into a separate file each time. So I have 17 doucments to scan and this way, I will end up with 17 files. No thanks HP!
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers