06-20-2011 01:07 PM
Everything is fine when I scan or copy from the glass but there are vertical lines on the scan or copy when I use the document feeder. How do I get rid of them?
06-21-2011 02:07 AM
Make sure to clean the part of the scanner glass under the adf (it should be a separate little section of the scanner glass). Also make sure that there's no dirt or pieces of paper stuck on the underside of the adf.
Instructions can be found in this document:
On some units you have to open the actual adf mechanism to clean the glass, you can find instructions for how to do that in this document:
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers