How do I increase the resolution of a scanned image. It's about 200dpi and I would like about 600. (4380 Views)
Honor Student
Lucky_question
Message 1 of 3 (4,380 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I increase the resolution of a scanned image. It's about 200dpi and I would like about 600.

I have an Hp Officejet J4680 All-in-one printer/scanner. When I scan in an image and save it as an jpeg the resulting image is about 200 dpi. I need a higher resolution. The fact sheet says 1200dpi is available, but I can't see how to select the resolution size. Thanks!

Intern
Pri15s
Message 2 of 3 (4,367 Views)

Re: How do I increase the resolution of a scanned image. It's about 200dpi and I would like about 60

Lets try this

Open HP solution center.

Click "scan picture" .A new window will open.

In left side of window, under scan shortcuts select "scan picture".

In right side select picture under scan type.

Below this "advanced picture settings" tab is present. Click on it. A new window will open.

Here resolution is given. Click drop down and select your desired resolution. After you do that click "OK". Then click scan.

I hope it works!!

Lucky_question wrote:

I have an Hp Officejet J4680 All-in-one printer/scanner. When I scan in an image and save it as an jpeg the resulting image is about 200 dpi. I need a higher resolution. The fact sheet says 1200dpi is available, but I can't see how to select the resolution size. Thanks!

Honor Student
Lucky_question
Message 3 of 3 (4,347 Views)

Re: How do I increase the resolution of a scanned image. It's about 200dpi and I would like about 60

Yes it worked! Thanks so much for your response, you have been very helpful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation