06-16-2012 12:12 PM - edited 06-16-2012 01:13 PM
I had a similar issue after reinstalling windows and renaming my computer. The old computer name still showed up in the drop down list when doing a scan to computer.
My printer is setup through wi-fi. I'm running Windows Vista 32-bit.
I have all the latest HP drivers and software installed for this printer.
To resolve this issue, I did the following:
1. On the printer, go to Setup --> Tools --> Restore Factory Defaults (you will have to setup your wireless connection again - step 3)
2. Turn Off the printer
3. Turn On the printer and setup wireless settings
4. Open up the HP Officejet Pro 8600 application (from Start menu --> All Programs --> HP --> HP Officejet Pro 8600 --> HP Officejet Pro 8600
5. Double-click "Scanner Actions"
6. Double-click "Manage Scan to Computer"
7. Click "Enable" to allow Scan to Computer and you may also click on the checkbox - Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log on to Windows
8. On the printer, go to Scan --> Computer
9. Verify the old computer name is gone
06-21-2013 02:14 PM
Can someone answer this question? Restoring to factory defaults is not acceptable. I have several systems on my home network and I am not setting everything back up just so I can remove one or two old computers from the list.
04-28-2014 06:39 AM
I don't believe there was a solution provided on this thread, so hopefully I can help out with this situation
To get a particular computer to stop showing up on the list of available computers on the printer, you need to uninstall the HP software for that printer from the computer you'd like to no longer be visible. Once the software is remove the printer no longer has the means to communicate with the computer.
You can remove the HP software by following this Uninstalling the Printer Software document, and if you're using Windows, you can also use the HP Print and Scan Doctor to uninstall the printer once you've gone through either Fix Printing or Fix Scanning and get to the below end screen.
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns Have a great day!
04-28-2014 09:34 AM
Thank you, MissTeriLynn
That sounds like a great solution if you still have the computer you are trying to remove from the printer list.
Is there a way to remove the computer from the list if you no longer have the computer without doing a factory reset as suggested above?
Thank you for your help.
04-28-2014 08:24 PM - edited 04-28-2014 08:24 PM
I'm having exactly the same issue, why is it so difficult to remove the computer from the list?
Please someone from HP provide a solution that doesn't require restoring the computer back to factory as that's