01-23-2012 09:44 PM
I just bought an HP 7510 mainly because the kid from Best Buy said I could scan double sided documents. Is he full of crap?! Because I can't figure out how to do it.
I am running OS X (Lion). Thanks for all your help in advance!!!
01-23-2012 10:01 PM
Did you ask him/her to show you on a demo printer ? Please check in this, scan & copy sections probably use the same way (HP puts in one section):
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
01-26-2013 01:09 PM
01-28-2013 12:58 PM - edited 01-28-2013 12:59 PM
@ SilviaGFQ -
The Photosmart 7510 does offer the ability to produce duplex scans. See below for more information on how to do this.
1) Ensure the software is installed for the Photosmart 7510. If you need the software package, then click here.
2) Open the HP Printer Assistant software, usually looks like the printer as an icon on your desktop, to control the printer
3) Select 'Scan a document or photo'
4) Select the style scan desired and make sure the box for Duplex Scans is checked on the right. See below for a picture of this window:
The software will scan all of the even sides of the pages and will then explain how to place the pages in the ADF for the printer to finish scanning the odd sides. The software will, then, combine the images into duplex scanned images. Hope this helps.
01-07-2014 01:35 PM
On the photosmart 5520 first you scan the 1st side of the doc. Once it finishes there will be a little + sign to the lower to middle left on the screen. Turn the doc over first, then hit the + sign and it will scan that page et al.
01-28-2014 04:49 PM
Know your frustration. Have been there myself. Just use the document feeder and you will instantly get a "duplex" option appear in the list. Tick that. You still have to refeed the documents by hand so be careful of orientation but at least it works :-)
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers