Question

Student
ryanpellegrin
Message 1 of 11 (4,899 Views)

How do I scan double sided documents?!

I just bought an HP 7510 mainly because the kid from Best Buy said I could scan double sided documents. Is he full of crap?! Because I can't figure out how to do it.

I am running OS X (Lion).  Thanks for all your help in advance!!!

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 11 (4,897 Views)

Re: How do I scan double sided documents?!

Hi,

Did you ask him/her to show you on a demo printer ? Please check in this, scan & copy sections probably use the same way (HP puts in one section):

h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03011756.pdf

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
SilviaGFQ
Message 3 of 11 (4,586 Views)

I do not know hoe to Scan multiple doubledsided pages and save them into one document. I have seen your solution but unfortunately I cannot open the link. Is it correct, can you give us a hand. and more importantly, is it possible to do what I want with the HP Photosmart 7510? Thanks for your help, S.
Honor Student
SilviaGFQ
Message 4 of 11 (4,585 Views)

I actually copy/paste and got the users guide LOL....I hope I can find the answer....
Honor Student
SilviaGFQ
Message 5 of 11 (4,584 Views)

bloddy crap!!! I now understand why there is not one SOLVED in any of the questions about the issue...it is simple, IT CANNOT BE DONE!!!
Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 6 of 11 (4,555 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ SilviaGFQ -

The Photosmart 7510 does offer the ability to produce duplex scans.  See below for more information on how to do this.

1) Ensure the software is installed for the Photosmart 7510.  If you need the software package, then click here.

2) Open the HP Printer Assistant software, usually looks like the printer as an icon on your desktop, to control the printer

3) Select 'Scan a document or photo'

4) Select the style scan desired and make sure the box for Duplex Scans is checked on the right.  See below for a picture of this window:

duplex scan 7510.jpg

The software will scan all of the even sides of the pages and will then explain how to place the pages in the ADF for the printer to finish scanning the odd sides.  The software will, then, combine the images into duplex scanned images.  Hope this helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Student
Leike
Message 7 of 11 (4,468 Views)

@jason_h

Is there a solution like this for MacOs also?

Student
Millim
Message 8 of 11 (3,260 Views)

I use Preview's merge PDF feature: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4075

Student
bengeemary
Message 9 of 11 (2,850 Views)

On the photosmart 5520 first you scan the 1st side of the doc.  Once it finishes there will be a little + sign to the lower to middle left on the screen.  Turn the doc over first, then hit the + sign and it will scan that page et al.

Student
mcm3me
Message 10 of 11 (2,666 Views)

Know your frustration. Have been there myself. Just use the document feeder and you will instantly get a "duplex" option appear in the list. Tick that. You still have to refeed the documents by hand so be careful of orientation but at least it works :-)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation