Question

Student
ussailor
Message 1 of 2 (755 Views)

How do I set up scanning on my computer from HP Photosmart 2600 series all in one?

1.  Product Name and Number:  PH Photosmart 2600/2700 series all in one

2.  Windows 7

3. Problems how to setup scanning features.

4. No changes

My printer is already setup but I am unable to scan my resume to my documents.  When I push the scan button on my printer, It reads " YOU NEED TO INSTALL OR RUN  HP SOFTWARE FOR THIS FEATURE.."   This is the first time that I will be using the scan feature

Intern
owensjt4
Message 2 of 2 (599 Views)

Re: How do I set up scanning on my computer from HP Photosmart 2600 series all in one?

You require HP software on your windows 7 to do what you want, initiating scanning from the 2600; I don't know what software you require. I initiate scanning from my computer via HP Solution Center, which you can download from the HP.COM web site.  Look for Support & Drivers.  You have to enter the exact model number (for example, HP Photosmart 2610), and you want the FULL FEATURED  driver and

software download, which includes the HP Solution Center.  Download and install all the software from the FULL FEATURED driver and software download.  That should do the trick, but I don't think that is all you need to initiate scanning from the 2600.

Jim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation