How do I setup my officejet 4620 to receive faxes automatically when I do not have Distinctive Ring (1461 Views)
Honor Student
officenot
Message 1 of 4 (1,461 Views)

How do I setup my officejet 4620 to receive faxes automatically when I do not have Distinctive Ring

How do I setup my HP Officejet 4620 to receive faxes automatically when I do not have Distinctive Ringing? I just got AT &T U-verse voice and I would have to add another line to get Distinctive Ringing.   

HP Officejet 4620

Windows 7 64-bit

Distinguished Professor
sabretooth04
Message 2 of 4 (1,455 Views)

Re: How do I setup my officejet 4620 to receive faxes automatically when I do not have Distinctive R

Just set it up to pick up on the number of single rings.  Information is in the manual to do this.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution ...
I used to work for HP, but now I'm retired.
Honor Student
officenot
Message 3 of 4 (1,438 Views)

Re: How do I setup my officejet 4620 to receive faxes automatically when I do not have Distinctive R

I set it for the minimal of two rings, then set it to auto answer. The fax machine answered a voice call as a fax after two rings instead of letting it go to voice mail. The manual said I need to buy or use a digital-to-analog filters or converters when setting up the printer for faxing. I can receive a fax manually. Can you provide me with any additional information that might help?

Honor Student
hhowell
Message 4 of 4 (161 Views)

How do I get my HP to receive Faxe

officenot wrote:

How do I setup my HP Officejet 4620 to receive faxes automatically when I do not have Distinctive Ringing? I just got AT &T U-verse voice and I would have to add another line to get Distinctive Ringing.   

HP Officejet 4620

Windows 7 64-bit

s

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation