Question

Honor Student
dgchopper
Message 1 of 5 (816 Views)

How do I turn off Fax on my HP7410 All-In-One Printer?

HP Office Jet 7300/7410 Series All-In-One (Model HP7410) with Microsoft Windows 7. No error messages. Only making a lot of nloise and we don't use the FAX any moire.

Grad Student
Akki78
Message 2 of 5 (806 Views)

Re: How do I turn off Fax on my HP7410 All-In-One Printer?

HI,

Follow the steps in the link below and should help resolve issue:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01931887&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US...

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Honor Student
dgchopper
Message 3 of 5 (798 Views)

Thank you for the information even thou it want solve my problem. The printer is making noise when it is trying to answer an incoming FAX. The panel lights blink amd information comes up on the screen. We have a wirelss internet system with COX as our sole provider. I never really use the FAX feature on the printer and we never receive FAXES. We only have one phone nujmber amd is not a FAX number. The noise the printer is making when it tries to receive a FAX is bothering my wife. All I want to do is disable the FAX function. Right now I keep the printer off until we need it and turn it back off. Thank you for the information and I will put it to use.

Tutor
wnorton
Message 4 of 5 (792 Views)

You can unplug the phone line, if you truly no longer need it. That's the best option.

Another way is to disable auto answer by setting the "number of rings" to answer to zero.

HP Engineer
Honor Student
dgchopper
Message 5 of 5 (786 Views)

Thanks for the information. But, the Auto Answer light is out and  Auto Answer should be turned off I guess. Plus, the printer is hooked up Wirelessly to my Home network.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation