09-20-2011 10:45 PM
HP Office Jet 7300/7410 Series All-In-One (Model HP7410) with Microsoft Windows 7. No error messages. Only making a lot of nloise and we don't use the FAX any moire.
09-21-2011 09:59 AM - last edited on 06-03-2015 03:51 PM by Omar-E
Follow the steps in the link below and should help resolve issue:
HP Deskjet Printers - Cleaning and Maintaining the Printer http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bud09248
HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Cleaning the All-in-One http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/buu01831
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
09-21-2011 10:13 AM
Thank you for the information even thou it want solve my problem. The printer is making noise when it is trying to answer an incoming FAX. The panel lights blink amd information comes up on the screen. We have a wirelss internet system with COX as our sole provider. I never really use the FAX feature on the printer and we never receive FAXES. We only have one phone nujmber amd is not a FAX number. The noise the printer is making when it tries to receive a FAX is bothering my wife. All I want to do is disable the FAX function. Right now I keep the printer off until we need it and turn it back off. Thank you for the information and I will put it to use.
09-21-2011 11:42 AM
You can unplug the phone line, if you truly no longer need it. That's the best option.
Another way is to disable auto answer by setting the "number of rings" to answer to zero.
09-21-2011 07:35 PM
Thanks for the information. But, the Auto Answer light is out and Auto Answer should be turned off I guess. Plus, the printer is hooked up Wirelessly to my Home network.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers