Question

Honor Student
jeffostroff
Message 1 of 6 (1,622 Views)

How do you scan pages into an EXISTING PDF (append to PDF file?)

[ Edited ]

I use the HP Solution Center all the time to create multiple page PDF files when I scan multiple documents. 

Now I have a need to add scanned in pages to an existing PDF file that I had created from older scans, so that I can keep a history of receipts.  This would make it easier for me by just appending each new scanned receipt to the hitstorical PDF file.

I could not find any way to do this with any of the menu options in HP Solution Center software.  It always wants to just start a new PDF file each time, but gives you no option to append this current scan tot he end of an existing PDF file.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

My printer is an HP Officejet Pro 8500 909A

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 6 (1,610 Views)

Re: How do you scan pages into an EXISTING PDF file? How do you append to Existing PDF file?

Hi,

The HP Scan application is a scanning interface and not a PDF editor..

For PDF editing, you may use a PDF editor as Adope proffessional as example, which allow you to edit existing PDF files.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
jeffostroff
Message 3 of 6 (1,608 Views)

Re: How do you scan pages into an EXISTING PDF file? How do you append to Existing PDF file?

Maybe that would be a good feature to have going forward.  It seems like the HP Solution Center is real close already to doing this, since I can scan multiple docs into a PDF, it would seem to be not too much effort for HP to be able to read in all the pages of the PDF then overwrite the new PDF file to include the current PDF file + the newly scanned in pages.

You need the ability to edit PDfs, just the ability to read back in the previously saved scanned pdf pages, and add more pages to them.

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 6 (1,596 Views)

Hi,

There are some products on the market today which we can use to edit pdf files and the cost of those products may be more expensive than the cost of normal printers.

I normally use a free product called pdfsam, we can't use it to edit pdf files but it can merge and split pdf files very easy. 

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
hubrharjr
Message 5 of 6 (646 Views)

Re: How do you scan pages into an EXISTING PDF (append to PDF file?)

I have an Officejet All-in-one printer...6500A Plus (6500 E710n-z). My scanner works great, but i haven't been able to scan onto existing files. I always have to start a new file. Do have the capability of scanning multiple documents onto one file, but I would like to scan and add documents to an existing file.

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 6 of 6 (635 Views)

Re: How do you scan pages into an EXISTING PDF (append to PDF file?)

Hello hubrharjr. It is impossible, using our software, to scan pages onto an existing document. You can scan multiple pages with our software, though. You can review the manual for further assistance: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02519721.pdf

Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" next to it to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation