How to I restore Scanning for an HP OfficeJet 6310 All-in-One under Snow Leopard (OS X)?? (103 Views)
Student
Dan28088
Message 1 of 1 (103 Views)

How to I restore Scanning for an HP OfficeJet 6310 All-in-One under Snow Leopard (OS X)??

I had this working - to scan I simply selected the Scan tab rom the printer option.  But I have just gone through a fresh install and now it's no longer an option - no Scan tab at all, just printing.

I have the original HP disc for Mac, but that of course wants to install the HP printer application that won't work - and whatever driver it installs also doesn't show up in the Mac preferences list for printers and I can't find it by searching around.  It must be somewhere?

The install that was working was a clean Snow Leopard install so I know it was possible to make it work without having upgraded from an even earlier system - but I don't remember how this was achieved.   No memory of it being difficult.   

Really hope someone can help put me in on the right path as scanning is a really important ability - seems dumb to have to go out and buy a new printer/scanner just to get this feature back in play.

If there is additional info that might help, please let me know - and truly appreciate help and suggestions

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation