06-14-2011 05:52 PM
I had this working - to scan I simply selected the Scan tab rom the printer option. But I have just gone through a fresh install and now it's no longer an option - no Scan tab at all, just printing.
I have the original HP disc for Mac, but that of course wants to install the HP printer application that won't work - and whatever driver it installs also doesn't show up in the Mac preferences list for printers and I can't find it by searching around. It must be somewhere?
The install that was working was a clean Snow Leopard install so I know it was possible to make it work without having upgraded from an even earlier system - but I don't remember how this was achieved. No memory of it being difficult.
Really hope someone can help put me in on the right path as scanning is a really important ability - seems dumb to have to go out and buy a new printer/scanner just to get this feature back in play.
If there is additional info that might help, please let me know - and truly appreciate help and suggestions
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers