How to Scan Multiple Pictures Officejet 6700 (2169 Views)
Honor Student
eswenson
Message 1 of 8 (2,169 Views)

How to Scan Multiple Pictures Officejet 6700

With my previous (Canon) printer, I was able to place multiple pictures on the platen, scan to the computer, and have the computer scan utility automatically break the images up into separate pictures. I can't figure out how to do this on the OfficeJet 6700.  I can't believe this functionatliy is not available.  Is it?

Professor
RobertoR
Message 2 of 8 (2,158 Views)

Re: How to Scan Multiple Pictures Officejet 6700

eswenson I hope yue are doing well;

This article may help: GO HERE

Let me know if you need further assistance. I wil do my best to help you.

hope this helps;

RobertoR

:manlol:and remember . . .

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Honor Student
eswenson
Message 3 of 8 (2,154 Views)

Hi Roberto,

Thanks for your post, however, I could find nothing in the link you pointed me to that described the issue I'm asking about.  Again, I'm trying to figure out how to get the HP scanning software (Mac OS X) to automatically detect multiple pictures on the platten, while scanning, and save each picture into a separate image (e.g. JPEG) file.  Can this be done with the OfficeJet 6700?  Thanks.  -- Eric

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 4 of 8 (2,143 Views)

Hello eswenson,

I don't believe the HP software that comes with the Officejet 6700 has the ability to detect multiple photos that are placed on the scanner.

With that being said though there may be a solution and that is the Apple program Image Capture. Within the Image Capture software should be a checkbox  "Detect Separate Items." Checking this box before performing a scan should break up the photos into their individual files.

See this blog post for more information.

Eight amazing Image Capture tricks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Honor Student
eswenson
Message 5 of 8 (2,139 Views)

Thanks!  Ok, so I shouldn't use the HP scanning software at all, then, right?  I should just use the Apple scanning software?  -- Eric

Distinguished Professor
HardBeatZ
Message 6 of 8 (2,122 Views)

Hello eswenson,

I don't want to say not to use the HP scanning software always as it may depend on use case and what software works best. For this particular use case of detecting multiple photos the HP scanning software wouldn't be the best option, the Image Capture sofwtare from Apple looks to provide the best solution.

You may run into another use case in the future and the HP scanning software becomes your best option for what you are trying to do.

It really comes down to two things

1. Use case and

2. Personal preference

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.
Top Student
grants04
Message 7 of 8 (1,920 Views)

I too am one of the MANY HP customers who are disappointed with the changes to the scanner software.  I have owned no less than 15 high end/home smal business HP printers over the years.  My last one was the OJ8500.  I just replaced it with the OJ8600 and was very unhappy to find that the new scanner software had less features than its predecessors and that one could no longer scan multiple pictures at one time to separate files.  EPIC FAIL, HP!! I was getting ready to pack it up and return the printer when I found ScanSpeeder scanning software:  http://www.nitrologic.net/  It is not free ($29.95) but does allow a 10 scan trial. 

ScanSpeeer allows you to scan multiple photos at once, it automatically finds the edge of each one and lets you type in info that is also saved in the file.  It also has a feature that will allow you to save an archival quality file and a web/e-mail quality image file at the same time.  AND, if you are so inclined, you can upload the lower resolution scan directly to Facebook.  I know I sound like I work for them (LOL) but I was just so happy to find software that could fix HP's stupid decision.  

I have only used ScanSpeeder a few times but am very impressed by it and think that I am going to buy it.  So, ScanSpeeder appears to have saved you a sale, HP.  Very sad that another company had to fix what you broke.  Also, you owe me $30!!!

Student
Tresapisa
Message 8 of 8 (1,439 Views)

Oh Thanks so much for that referral! I wish I would have known that this was going to cost me an extra $30.  I too am extremely disappointed, byt they are advertising this as a small biz printer versus home printer, maybe that's why! The scans don't seem to be very high quality either, which is disappointing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation