Question

Honor Student
Camz
Message 1 of 9 (5,006 Views)

How to activate the scan to computer on HP photosmart 7515

I keep getting a message saying the scan to computer is not activated.

I had some problems with the install of my printer and really don't want to

uninstall and reinstall again. Any suggestions?

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 9 (4,952 Views)

Re: How to activate the scan to computer on HP photosmart 7515

Hello Camz

If it comes down to it I would be more than happy to help assist you in a re-installation, but I enabling Scan to Computer should be a pretty easy step. Click the desktop icon for your printer. Under Scanner Actions you should see another option "Manage Scan to Computer". There you should be able to enable or disable Scan to Computer as well as make it startup enabled with Windows.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Top Student
bytepeddler32
Message 3 of 9 (4,361 Views)

Logical response - however, does not permanently resolve the issue. Error condition continues, intermittently. 

Any other thoughts....?

ALSO, PS7515 goes to sleep, as set, but most times does not wake up or shut down with power button.

Have to remove power cord, re-plug to restart. What's up?

Honor Student
Camz
Message 4 of 9 (4,355 Views)

Thank you for your reply. I have enabled the scan to computer a while ago, but the problem still persists. I guess it really isn't a big deal, as I am able to use my scanner...Thanks so much! Camz

Student
grasseseed1
Message 5 of 9 (3,809 Views)

The only thing that I found under my control pannel was windows fax and scan and I cannot find the scanner actions. It won't let me scan anything because my printer is saying "enable activate scan to computer function"

Student
ghthoms
Message 6 of 9 (3,305 Views)

In spite of simple directionis, I still cannot make scan work from my HPPhotosmart 7515. Worked for years and has stopped working. Keeps putting me in circle to go to HP Icon and hit activate scanner. I cannot find any buttons / links re: scanner. Hlelpppp. ght

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 7 of 9 (3,299 Views)

@ghthoms, what happens when you select activate the scanner. 

Capture.PNG

Honor Student
ex-PFCChuck
Message 8 of 9 (1,577 Views)

When I click on the HP Photosmart icon and then on the "Scanner Actions/Manage Scan to Computer" target, I get a message that says, "Your computer is not listed as available on the Printer's control panel.  Please restart your printer and try again."  But when I restart the printer as instructed, it still won't scan to the computer and I continue getting the same "not listed" message when clicking "manage scan to computer." 

When I do attempt to scan from the printer control panel, it suggests I click on the printer via the "Start" menu (presumably also via the control panel, but it doesn't say so explicitly) and update the IP address.  However there is no target path to do so that I could find.

Any other suggestions?

Honor Student
ex-PFCChuck
Message 9 of 9 (1,576 Views)

BTW, running Windows XP SP3 on a Dell Inspiron 530S
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation