Question

Honor Student
zulwe
Message 1 of 4 (3,079 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to change DPI settings for Officejet 4500 Wireless

Printer: HP Officejet 4500 Wireless G510n (CN547A) 

My DPI settings seem to be too high.  I'm scanning one page and the file is 21MB in size.  I cannot find how to lower the dpi.

Is there a way to do so on this device?

Thanks.

Master's Graduate
kawaii_aoi
Message 2 of 4 (3,076 Views)

Re: How to change DPI settings for Officejet 4500 Wireless

Hi zulwe,

You can adjust the DPI and PPI settings depending on the program you're using. Since you're using Windows as your OS, you may have the HP Solution Center for this Officejet printer. Check this: Scanning with HP Solution Center Software in Windows

And no, we can't do this on the device. It can only be done thru your computer.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cheers! :smileyhappy:

* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
Honor Student
zulwe
Message 3 of 4 (3,065 Views)

thank you, this worked.  I set it down to 150 dpi and the doc was still 12MB!  I'll use the lowest setting and see how that works

Master's Graduate
kawaii_aoi
Message 4 of 4 (3,063 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi again!

I'm glad that it worked for you. How bout changing the file extension maybe? Not sure if this works for docs though, try using JPG as it's smaller compared to TIFF and PDF formats but still has good image output. Also try adjusting the quality (best, normal, draft, etc).

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cheers! :smileyhappy:

* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation