04-27-2010 07:50 AM
The Manual http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01669504.pdf specifies:
You can scan originals and send them to a variety of destinations, such as a folder on
the network or on a specific computer. You can use the device control panel, the HP
software, and TWAIN-compliant or WIA-compliant programs on a computer.
but does not have details of how to achieve this. Any help on how to set this up would be appreciated.
04-28-2010 05:14 AM
This is the response I got from HP directly:
Follow these steps to set up the Scan to network folder feature from your PC before you can use it on your printer
Open the HP Solution Center on your computer. If there isn’t an icon on your desktop and you have a Windows PC, go to Start, select Programs, select HP, select the folder for your HP Printer or All-in-One, and then click HP Solution Center.
- Click Settings.
- In the Scan Settings, select Digital Filing Settings.
- Click Scan to Network Folder Setup Wizard.
- Follow instructions for creating up to 10 network folders to use as destinations for your scans.
- The Embedded Web Server for this printer will open in your computer’s default browser and allow you to set particular scan settings for each destination folder.
Once you’ve completed the setup on your PC, you’re ready to start using the Scan to network folder feature:
- Load the document to be scanned, either in the automatic document feeder (ADF) or onto the scanner glass.
- Press Scan on the touchscreen of your HP All-in-One or scanner (or press the one-touch Network Folder button on the control panel and skip to step 4).
- Press Scan to network folder.
- Select one of the folders you created (and the required PIN, if you created one).
- Select Start Scan.
Unfortuantely when you connect to HP Solution centre, it does not give you the Digital Filing Settings option.
Does anyone else know how this can be done?
05-06-2010 11:28 PM
Sorry to say. Offcejet 6500 doesn't have digital filing. Only Office jet PRO has this feature.
Why don't you configure 'scan to' button to scan images into you computer. This can be done, by going through solution center, scan settings, scan to. and update.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
11-06-2011 06:01 PM - edited 04-13-2012 12:25 PM
Hi HP users! Good day!
I made a detailed post on how to setup digital filing and scan directly to a network folder. Please see the link below.
I hope it can be able to help you out.
01-03-2012 01:26 PM
I am trying to scan a document from an Officejet 6500 E709 and is asking me to select a computer, don't know how to do this. Can someone help??
02-27-2012 09:25 AM
You'll need to activate scan to computer from your start menu. Find the HP program, open it, then choose 'activate to scan to computer.'
If you didn't install the software, you'll need to.
03-22-2013 01:50 PM
It is totally obscure where scanned files go, although several people have tried to answer this question.
There is no Scan To Computer kind of shortcut or option.
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers