Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer

Windows 7 64-bit

Scan to Computer not working, although other functions are fine (printing, copying)

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello chunwah

How is the printer and computer connected?

Have you tried running the HP Print and Scan Doctor? If not I suggest it as it is a diagnostic utility that can sometimes resolve problems like what you are experiencing. http://www.hp.com/go/tools

Also what happens when you go to "Manage Scan to Comptuer"?

Manage Scan to Computer

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Office Jet 6700  For whatever reason I cannot enable scan to computer --it previously worked when i installed the printer

I have Mac Desk Top

HP Recommended

Hello usetax,

I understand you are having a problem when trying to scan to your computer from your HP OfficeJet 6700. Can you please let me know which Operating system you are using? Are you getting any error messages on the computer or printer? Have you tried running the Scan to Email Wizard in the HP Printer Assistant (6700 printer icon)?

I will watch for your reply.

Thank you,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Same issue, new printer, can't find enable scan.

HP Recommended

Found the webscan setting on the Embedded Web Server page that you get to using the printer's IP address in your internet browser.  Go to the settings tab and then select Administrator Settings on left.  That shold bring up a list of settings including webscan.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.