Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)

Hi! I want to know if I can scan a legal sized document with my HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515.  I also tried scanning an A4 document but the bottom portion also gets cut off.  I know with other scanners, it has an option to insert the file into the printer and it will scan from there... I couln't scan my file like so either. Please help.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @MikasaD1515,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that you are wondering how to scan a Legal Document with HP Deskjet 1515. I am happy to help! 

According to your printer's specifications, and user guide, the maximum scan size from glass is 21.6 x 29.7 cm (8.5 x 11.7 inches). Whereas, Legal Documents is 21.59 x 35.56 cm (8.5 x 14 inches).  This printer is designed for scanning regular size 8.5 x 11 paper only. 

Hope this information clears things up for you! :generic:

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @MikasaD1515,

I see that you are wondering how to scan a Legal Document with HP Deskjet 1515. I am happy to help! 

According to your printer's specifications, and user guide, the maximum scan size from glass is 21.6 x 29.7 cm (8.5 x 11.7 inches). Whereas, Legal Documents is 21.59 x 35.56 cm (8.5 x 14 inches).  This printer is designed for scanning regular size 8.5 x 11 paper only. 

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Hi @RnRMusicMan,

Got it! Thanks so much for the reply! :generic:

HP Recommended

hi, we know the specs, but what i want to know, is that, is there a program , included in the hp deskjet setting that we can somehow "connect" the lower and upper part of the long/legal bond paper? ie: ill scan the upper part, then scan the lower part, then a setting or an icon would pop or can be selected that can merge the portions to be whole. thank you

@RnRMusicMan wrote:

Hi @MikasaD1515,

HP Recommended

Hi jcadc,

Only way of connecting to separate scans that I can think of, is by scanning each section separately as an image file (eg. .bmp, .png, or .jpg).

Then you can use an image editor to merge them together. But, keep in mind, you would not be able to edit the image in Word, if you are scanning a document. You can use Pixlr.com - Free Online Image Editor from any web browser to do so. 

Otherwise, I would consider another printer/scanner that allows for legal size scanning. 

To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

Hope this information helps! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.