01-30-2014 11:00 AM
I understnad you have a Deskjet 2540 and are wanting to know how to scan with it. I would be happy to guide you in this.
Without knowing which operating system you're running on your computer, I will have to link you to the page where you can select which operating system you're working with.
You can see which version of Windows or Mac you are using by clicking on either of those links and then you can click on this How to Scan: Deskjet 2540 page to select the operating system you're using.
Hope this helps, have a great day!!
05-20-2014 09:55 AM
Thanks for the response!
You can use this How to Scan: Windows 7 document to walk you through scanning with and without the HP software within Windows 7.
Hope this helps, let me know how this works for you
05-26-2014 10:09 AM
If you'd like to see how to scan with the Deskjet 2540, just visit this Deskjet 2540: How to Scan page and simply select the document for your operating system If you don't know which operating system you're using, try using What's My OS? to find out.
Hope this helps!
07-12-2014 03:09 AM
Indeed, spent a lot of time to find the way out!
Windows 8: go into settings - control panel - harware & sounds - view devices and printers - RIGHT CLICK on HP deskjet 2540 (best if it is linked with USB port to your computer) - start scan
Mac OS 10: go into users - your name - library - Printers - HP Deskjet 2540 series - scanner
In all cases, better to create a shortcut / put an image of the printer in your toolbox. As well as to update your computer's software...
Hope it will work for you
08-31-2014 05:24 PM
how do I scan on 2540? Gone to link provided in forum but no options are given where it states choose option below- very frustrating and shouldn't be this fiddly - I'm working on Windows 7
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers