Question

Honor Student
MattTY
Message 1 of 16 (7,555 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to scan multiple pages with Photosmart 6510?

Hi,

I am a new user of Photosmart 6510 All-in-One printer. Does anyone know how to scan multiple pages into one document? 

Thanks!

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 2 of 16 (7,478 Views)

Re: How to scan multiple pages with Photosmart 6510?

You can do multiple pages to one file by selecting Scan to PDF. You will have to start the scan using the HP Software. Follow the steps below to do a multipage scan.

1. On the desktop, look for the Photosmart 6510 icon. Double click it

2. Click Scan Document

3. Click Save as PDF and the click Scan. The all-in-one will do a preview scan.

4. Load the next document page on the scan bed

5. Click the button with the plus sign on the lower left hand corner of the preview window. The all in one will scan the page. Keep doing this until you have scanned all the pages.

6. Click on the Save button and follow the instructions on the screen.

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Top Student
rijarvis
Message 3 of 16 (7,459 Views)

It is important to note that there is a limit to the DPI setting as well. It seems you can't scan a multiple page document once you set teh DPI to 600 or above.

Honor Student
MattTY
Message 4 of 16 (7,439 Views)

Thanks for your information, Binary_Zen!

It is useful to me. 

Besides, do you know whether we can scan multiple pages into PDF through the HP printer panel instead of through computer? It is more convenience I can scan a multiple pages document into PDF and store into SD-Card without connection PC and/or iOS device (i.e. iPhone/ iPad etc). 

Just to share I can scan document to PDF and store to USB directly without PC connection with my old all-in-one printer with other brand. Just wonder my new HP printer can support it or not.

Thanks!

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 5 of 16 (7,374 Views)

Hi! Sorry for the late reply but by this time you probably already know that you cannot scan multiple pages to a pdf file from the control panel of the printer. I have only seen this feature on HP printers with an Automatic Document Feeder (ADF). This is a good feedback though! Hopefully we see this on future products.

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Student
PoochMD
Message 6 of 16 (7,365 Views)

I can't find or install the Solution Center button on my desktop. Thus I am unable to scan documents in PDF form and I currently only have photo choices of what type of scans to save. I need to put multiple pages together in pdf form and need some advice on how to get that installed on my HP Officejeet 6500n.

Student
frankbreedlove
Message 7 of 16 (7,315 Views)

The solution did not work, as when the preview scan is complete, the only active buttons are the SAVE, BACK, or DONE. The plus button is not active.

Student
fwprod
Message 8 of 16 (6,658 Views)

Having the same trouble. I have tried to follow the steps outlined by binary zen but aftre reinstalling new software i still do not have an icon for 'Photosmart 6510' on my desktop, or anywhere for that matter. When i try the HP Utility that in my toolbar the only option i get is scan to computer.

I really need to scan multiple pages to a single pdf urgently. Why is it so difficult. I am using a Macbook using OS 10.6.8? Please help

Grad Student
fish4life
Message 9 of 16 (6,505 Views)

Hi MattTY-

Actually the PS 6510 model does support multi-page scanning from the front panel.   When you do a scan from the front panel, it will ask you if you want to scan another page after the scan is complete.  As long as you pick one of the document shortcuts to initiate the front panel scan, the scans will be saved as a multi-page PDF.   No computer/SW initiated scan required ....

Jeremy

I am an HP employee, however, this content reflects my personal opinion and is in no way associated with HP.
Tutor
Chioti
Message 10 of 16 (6,263 Views)

I have used the option from the front panel but there seems to be a problem in that you have to respond to the prompts in about 3-4 seconds or it simply saves it to your computer.  Responding to the "Would you like to scan to scan another item" prompt in that time is doable, but then you only get 5 seconds or so, to open the scanner bed, position the paper and click the scan button.  That is not really doable.

Is there a preference somewhere to change the length of the timeout?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation