04-18-2012 08:30 AM
Before I reinstalled the HP Printer software, I was able to scan by going to system preferences and selecting the scanner (under list of printers on the left), opening the scanner and selecting file type. This did not work with the document feeder, so I had to scan one page at a time. Otherwise, this approach worked perfectly. Now I don't see this function in the System Preferences.
I also tried to scan using the button on the actual printer/scanner. I can see the scanned document on the computer, but get the following error message:
Acrobat could not open 'scan_1241885545_1' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been
damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).
To create an Adobe PDF document, go to the source application. Then print the document to Adobe PDF.
When I try to scan directly from Adobe Professional, I couldn't because I need to select the specific device on the scan screen, but don't know how to get the printer name in the screen where you're instructed to select the scanner device.
I've tried to scan from the HP Scan App, but had trouble there as well.
- Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- A Communication or Connection Error Displays When Scanning
- Scan Using Full Feature HP Software (Windows 10)
- HP Photosmart 7510, 7515, ENVY 110, 114 Printers - Restoring eFax Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax