Question

Top Student
yevie1
Message 1 of 1 (174 Views)

How to set up scan function on Officejet 5500 series all-in-one using Macintosh OS 10.6

After uninstalling and re-installing my HP Software, one of your "experts" had me install the HPPrinterDrivers2.8.dmg, which worked and I am able to print again.   

Before I reinstalled the HP Printer software, I was able to scan by going to system preferences and selecting the scanner (under list of printers on the left), opening the scanner and selecting file type.   This did not work with the document feeder, so I had to scan one page at a time.  Otherwise, this approach worked perfectly.   Now I don't see this function in the System Preferences. 

I also tried to scan using the button on the actual printer/scanner.   I can see the scanned document on the computer, but get the following error message:

Acrobat could not open 'scan_1241885545_1' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been    

damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).

To create an Adobe PDF document, go to the source application. Then print the document to Adobe PDF.

When I try to scan directly from Adobe Professional, I couldn't because I need to select the specific device on the scan screen, but don't know how to get the printer name in the screen where you're instructed to select the  scanner device.

I've tried to scan from the HP Scan App, but had trouble there as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation