12-07-2011 05:26 PM
My Hp Photosmart 6510 scanner wont let me scan to my computer, when I try to scan the printer screen pops up a message saying " make sure the printer software is installed on your computer. and that "scan to computer" is enabled via the printer software" my problem is that idk where to get the software at all and how to set it up can someone please help?
01-29-2012 04:47 PM
I can scan to my (W7) computer, *IF* I'm logged in as the administrator user that was used to install the HP 6510 software. Apparently, it doesn't work for the other user accounts on the machine. Does anyone have a fix for this?
09-28-2012 10:53 AM
I'm trying to download the software for the drivers and scanner for my HP Photosmart 6510 because I cannot find the CDs that came with the printer. I can get to the page, but when I click on the link which appears to be live, nothing downloads. What are my options?
03-05-2013 01:17 PM
If you have a printer icon on your desktop, double-click on it and look for something in there called "Manage Scan to Computer."
If you do not have the printer icon - what is everyone's operating system on their computer (Windows 7, XP, Mac OS, etc)?
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Every problem has a solution!
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- HP All-in-One and Fax Product Family - Interpreting Error Codes in Fax Communication Error or Fax History Reports
- HP Fax Products - Testing Your HP Fax Machine with the HP Fax Test Service
- HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and You Cannot Scan, Copy, or Fax
- An 'An error occurred while communicating with scanning device' or a 'There is no computer connection' Message Displays When Scanning for HP Printers