Question
Hp Photosmart C7280 won't scan but will print
Replies (35)

Honor Student
B0ilermakerguy
Message 11 of 36 (11,560 Views)

Re: Hp Photosmart C7280 won't scan but will print

I Have a Mac OS X Version 10.6.2, Snow Leopard and my Hp Photosmart C7280 wont scan to my computer but it will print, copy, and fax. I know thats weird, however it will scan to a memory device like a flash drive. So what i did was very ghetto i hooked up my flash drive to my HP C7280 and selected scan to memory device, it actually worked. So i then went into iPhoto and imported the file. So to maker a long story short I got my scan to work even though the process would make Rube Goldberg proud. 

Honor Student
B0ilermakerguy
Message 12 of 36 (11,558 Views)

Or you could do like i did and just scan to memory device like a flash drive, then just open the file from Iphoto and save there, its very Rube Goldberg but it works, I don't see HP making any changes soon unfortunately. 

Student
dsutt0n
Message 13 of 36 (11,356 Views)

Hi I have the same problem I can print but not scan.  HP Solution center also will not work, quotes,  I have not completed installation using USB. I am connected using Ethernet.  

Anyway your problem of Duplex.

Go to" Devices and Printers" select the printer, right click and select "Printer Properties"

Select "Device Settings" 

Select "Installable Options"     for "Duplex unit" change n"Not installed" to "Installed" (Click on down arrow to open selection"

Du4 Student
Student
Du4
Message 14 of 36 (10,136 Views)

Re: Hp Photosmart C7280 won't scan and not able to recognize computer

Our printer was scanning fine and now it doesn't recognize our Lenovo computer as one of the computers to scan.  The error says no scan options, Refer to device documentation to trouble shoot.  Please help!

Honor Student
Russtovich
Message 15 of 36 (10,003 Views)

Does HP even bother to read these forums to offer advice? /sarc I have the same problem. Wireless printing stopped working so I downloaded the new(er) drivers from the web and reinstalled the Wireless printing availability. I went to do the same for USB connection but that printer was still there. I can print either through the USB connection or wirelessly but now I can't scan to the laptop when connected to the printer. I can't open HP Solution Center either: it justs opens a black window on top of anything else on the screen. My HP7280 is just over 3 years old; Christmas is coming and I was looking at getting another wireless printer. I'm guessing it won't be an HP product after this mess. Cheers to all of those suffering like I am; and a big fat raspberry for HP for ignoring their very own Forum. Sheesh
pah Honor Student
Honor Student
pah
Message 16 of 36 (9,689 Views)

My HP C7280 won't scan, but will print.  I have tried to reinstall from the CD but it says it is not compatible

with my operating system, however, it was working before a couple of weeks ago.  I've also tried downloading

from the web site and also downloading the update it says it might need.  Still no help. 

Would appreciate any help I can get.  I use this all the time. 

Honor Student
WalleyesAndTNT
Message 17 of 36 (8,819 Views)

Funny, Im not alone.. good idea to put the pictures on a stick then import.  still, frustrating.. im running snow leopard and looks as if its way ahead of this printer.  This printer is frustrating all around.  I still have plenty of ink in my cartridges and the printer tells me cuz of out of warrenty i need to replace them.  so i have to get up and hit the OK button.  Geez.. and no way to overide it.  what other printers out there like the hp 7280 but NOT?  Will have to look.. Office Max has a great deal or did.. bring in old printer and get the newer version of 7280 for 125bucks.

Student
Joe19709
Message 18 of 36 (8,534 Views)

FYI, I worked for HP as a senior manager and I can tell you that they are taking a 'lowest common denominator' approach to customer and technical support.  they really don't have any interest in supporting their products...they are only interested in reducing costs vs. improving revenue to support improved customer service.  A lousy approach all around.  The bad news is that their printer division (IPG) is profitable and carrying the lion share of the company for revenue.  As long as you're buying...they're happy and they aren't going to support squat!

Unfortunately, you're stuck dealing with them or you can choose to purchase from another manufacturer.

Student
mklamb
Message 19 of 36 (7,825 Views)

Re: Hp Photostats C7280 won't scan to the computer and I can't get it print picture.

When I try to scan to the computer it won't work.  I use Scan to Memory and it comes back: "Memory device was not found

When I try to reprint photo's I found directions and it comes out with the picture in the right hand corner about 4th the

size.  What can I do to correct these problems

Kathy

Student
jillprice
Message 20 of 36 (7,643 Views)

I erased my HP photsmart from computer and reinstalled by downloading, to find out the only problem I had was cheap ink the was a refill to yours. Now, evertything works well but my scanner.  I did not erase the photo gallery because I had photgraphs. An error message comes up and says try scan from computer or see documentation. Press ok. I have caused myself unnecessary headaches. I wish I would have known it was just the ink before I redownloaded the printer info again. What do I do to scan again? Help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation